“Great place”

Tosi's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Stevensville
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For over 70 years, our restaurant has been recognized far and wide as the premier dining establishment in southwestern Michigan. And the main reason for that, we believe, is our simple credo for operating a successful restaurant -- a credo first set forth and applied by our founder, Emil Tosi back in 1948: "Choose only the finest basic ingredients to prepare your cuisine, serve it efficiently in a pleasant atmosphere, and love your fellow man."
Berrien Springs, Michigan
“Great place”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Classy place with great food. I was there as part of a job interview. If the interviewer was trying to impress me they certainly succeeded.

Chicago
“Good Italian for the Area”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Tosi's is a nice place for a meal, or meeting; the quality of the food is above average, as is the service. If you're expecting Chicago-quality, top-end cuisine, you'll be disappointed. If you are expecting one of the better restaurants in SW MI, you'll be pleased. A nice night night, for sure.

Lake Villa, Illinois
“Warm and convivial atmosphere.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tosi's restaurant is an institution in dining and for good reason. The staff is exceptional! The moment you walk into the resaurant and approach the hostess/host stand you are greeted in a most welcoming and gracious manner. The ambience is truly warm and inviting and the food is both authentically delicious and well-prepared. If you find yourself anywhere in the area I highly recommend that you stop in to enjoy an evening in this little gem in Michigan's southwest. I guarantee you'll be back time after time!

• Visited November 2012
Indiana
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This was my first time at Tosi's. We were seated right away on a Saturday. Decor is not the best-seems dated-paintings of older Italian men, rooster figurines, etc. We were seated right near the kitchen. I could see the kitchen, cashier, waitress station, and the gas fireplace. My spinach salad was good except for the fried, breaded goat cheese. I would have rather had fresh. The lasagna was good. The desserts were lacking. I had some mousse in plastic cups. It seemed to have been refrigerated for a while. And no chocolate cake! The waitress was very good and refilled our glasses frequently. I will not return.

• Visited November 2012
Mokena, Illinois
“Horrible Experience with Food and Manager”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We chose to go to this restaurant because of all the great reviews it had. My husband and I went there Saturday night with some family and friends, hoping to have a great meal with some great people, instead it turned out to be a horrible experience that lead in to an even worse night. I usually don't leave negative feedback on places I don't like, because I feel it is my own opinion, but with all the problems we had, I feel others should know about this before going to this restaurant. When we arrived, we were seated immediately. The atmosphere was appealing as we sat at our table. The waitress took our drink order first, while we were looking at the menu. I noticed that most of the items on the menu had alcohol in them, and I am highly allergic to alcohol, so I asked to speak to the manager. I explained to him my situation, while asking him what on the menu was not cooked in alcohol that I could have. While I was speaking to him, the waitress brought the drinks, and spilled them all over one of my friends. The manager left me to go over to them, because he said the people that were sitting at the table next to us were important people, which I will not mention their names. I don't know if he was trying to impress me or make me feel like we weren't important enough. He then came back and said he would find out what on the menu I could eat and come back. When he returned, he told me I had a choice from 3 items. Out of those three items, they would have to specially make one of those, so I chose one of the other 2. He told me I could not have the salad dressing and only the minestrone soup. I ordered the lamb chops with carrots and mashed potatoes and minestrone soup. The waitress returned with soups and salads, and gave my friends the wrong salads. Then she told my Aunt that the bartender dumped her first 2 drinks while making them and had to make a third one. When the meal arrived, I started eating a few carrots when the manager came rushing over to the table and told me not to eat the carrots. I told him it is too late, the waitress said it was ok and I already ate some. He said "that is why I came over to tell you not to." I told him to take the entire plate back. He could not understand why I did not want the lamb. He could not understand that it was already too late. I was already going to be sick for the night. I had to leave early, and go purchase benadryl. I will never go back to that restaurant and will not recommend it to anyone.

• Visited October 2012