All reviews great customer service great personality recommend this hotel house keeping the hotel staff front desk staff continental breakfast excellent stay faiz companies bedding establishment
Selected filters
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Room size is great. Bathroom was a little small, you have to squeeze by the toilet to close the door to take a shower. Kitchen was nice, clean and ample size. Faiz at the front desk was amazing and has a great personality. We got along very well. My only complaints would be parking is a bit tough and I missed breakfast everyday because it was cleaned up by 9:30. With the time change I was just waking up! haha Especially if you have a trailer, but there is room to park. I've stayed at other hotels in the area, and few a few bucks more, this was worth it. Thank you!

Room tip: You can easily cook in here! The hotel is in a good area and there are food places that are not too bad of a drive as well.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Tim G
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Tim, thank you for choosing to stay at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights. We are pleased to know you enjoyed the service provided by Faiz and had a comfortable stay with us. Having said that, I am sorry for your disappointment with our breakfast timing and have taken a note of the same. We are glad this did not overshadow your otherwise positive stay and you will consider us again.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

The nightstand drawer contained two offensive items: a used condom wrapper and a bible. Ants were crawling in the kitchen and bathroom. Outside grassy areas were so covered in dog poop that it was difficult to find a clear path. Front desk forgot to set up wi-fi password.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2017

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our apologies that your room was not clean to par and that you did not received adequate customer service. Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed March 12, 2017

First floor room, found out the second night that the window was broken and would not shut completely or lock. Screen was mangled as if someone had already gained entry that way before.. totally unsafe. There were ants in the kitchen, that would literally come out of the woodwork whenever there was food out (ours or the dogs').. kitchen wares came in a tub that still had food and crumbs in it, bathroom was dirty with corroded drain in the tub. Carpet was dirty. Power was out in our area for four days in sub zero degree weather so we had no choice but to go to a hotel, and we have two dogs which this place allows for an extra $25.00 per night each. Because of the pups our lodging choices were limited. Staff was actually nice but super busy because of all the folks without power. When we checked out I tried to let them know about all the issues but the girl at the front desk was on the phone the entire time she was checking me out so I never got the chance. Wouldn't recommend this location.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank loriballew1107
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

The check in was quick and easy. Very friendly front desk personnel. Room 235 was clean, fresh and inviting. My floor was quiet. I could hear the footsteps of the guest above me but it wasn't all night nor did it disturb my sleep. I was able to order from Grubhub and have it delivered. The only thing bad I can say is that they did not have extra pillows. However, I made do with the 2 on the bed.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2017

Your feedback is important. Thank you for sharing. I'm so pleased to hear that you consistently had a great experience stay at our hotel. Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed November 17, 2016

Daytime staff was friendly, evening guy was unfriendly and condesending. Internet so slow and evening guy laughed and said that's how they make extra money because I had to pay for upgrade, went to restaurant to use internet. Shower dirty and shower head broken, held in place by a plastic bag tied around the bar. I was on the first floor and the windows had no permanent locks or bars, the neighborhood is terrible. I will never stay here again.

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2016

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The service you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I have discussed these issues with the front desk staff to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.