“Good value for long term stays”

Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Been here for a little over a month while relocating to the area. Friendly and helpful staff. I work second shift and hotel is quiet. The morning coffee is very good and perfect for grabbing and going heading to go look at houses.

• Stayed: June 2013
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you have enjoyed our hotel, and the grab and go breakfast. I have shared your feedback with our entire staff and they thank you for your kind words. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future. Thank you again.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 11 years ago for an extended period and liked it. I am visiting friends and family and like to have "my own space" and this property is nicely kept up, in a convienient location and has very friendly staff. There are some age issues showing such as some pealing paint around windows and in the shower, but everything is clean.

Room Tip: If you like more quiet choose the south side. I prefer the parking lot (north side) so I can keep an...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for posting such a Kind review. I am proud of our team for providing you a comfortable "Home Away From Home" during your stay at Detroit Sterling Heights. We love to know our team is exceeding your expectations. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Many many people have passed through here and it shows. From stained carpets in hallways to laminate peeling off furniture and stains in the bathroom fittings. However, when you are paying around $50 for a room which has a kitchen, flat screen TV and ironing board, it is easy to forgive these. And the staff were friendly enough.

I did not sample the breakfast, though I was amused by it's description by the staff as being "a continental breakfast, served on that table right there" as he pointed to a 2ft by 4ft sideboard in the lobby. I am sure it was delicious!

The one thing I was a bit concerned by is the wifi. When logging in you get "basic" wifi and you can opt to pay $3.99 for high speed wifi. I did a speed test and it showed a download speed of about 750kbps, which is not enough for a Skype call with video.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We appreciate you letting us know that your WiFi connection was not satisfactory. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with a comfortable stay and good value for your money.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I chose to stay at Extended Hotel in Sterling Heights because I couldn't find a proper sub lease apartment for my internship. Honestly, I think staying at this hotel was WAY better than trying t find a sublease. It comes with furniture, housekeeping, and most importantly, I can trust this place and people who work here. The staff members are very kind. Breakfast is kind of disappointing because you get coffee, two types of fruits, and granola bars. However, I can over look it because it comes with the kitchen, I can cook. Staff members are amazing. They are very hard working and trustworthy. I give props those who have been so helpful, Muriel, Jamie, and the housekeepers.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location, the level of cleanliness throughout our entire property and the great customer service our staff provided to you. We appreciate your kind remarks, especially those about our housekeeping staff, Jamie and Muriel.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a very convenient location, it's within walking distance of many stores and restaurants. The kitchens are convenient and clean, and come with just the essentials that you would need. They have a courteous and helpful staff, especially Muriel. The bed is comfortable, and the TVs are very nice. It's a great place for long or short stays.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was safe, clean, and comfortable. As well, we really appreciate the kind words about our staff.

Thank you again for your feedback. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having a terrific stay - accommodations are excellent - very clean and comfortable - staff has been very good with furnishing replacement sheets, towels, and blankets when needed. Muriel at the front desk has been an outstanding resource and I highly commend her attentiveness. Everyone has been courteous

Continental breakfast hits the spot and parking spaces are plentiful. Nice to have a kitchen with appliances

Anyone looking for a place to stay make sure you look over this place - I highly recommend it

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a clean comfortable "home away from home" while you stayed in Sterling Heights with us. We are glad we could provide you the comforts of home like appliances and breakfast each morning. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice place, but they were missing some things; no ice machine on the property and the room freezer only had ice trays, no ice maker. No hair dryer in room, but I got one from the front desk. No dish soap, how are you supposed to clean up your dishes? Bed was nice and firm, carpet in the hallways needs to be replaced, stinky and stained badly. No housekeeping at all while we were there 2 nights, so towels were still damp when we showered the second day. The back door to the parking lot was propped open by a rock when we got back late one night. I guess to let the homeless in??? Also, our window (first floor) was unlocked when we checked in, I'm glad I noticed it, or we may have had uninvited visitors. Quiet hotel, didn't hear any noise, slept good with the black out drapes. Bathrooms are very small, but lighting is great.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about your quality of sleep and our hotel's value; however, we apologize that you were not satisfied with our amenities as well as level of cleanliness throughout the property. Guests staying 1-7 nights are welcome to bring towels/linen to the front desk for full replacement. I am sorry this was not relayed to you at check-in. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dsh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!