Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
DES MOINES
“Very good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a very convenient location, it's within walking distance of many stores and restaurants. The kitchens are convenient and clean, and come with just the essentials that you would need. They have a courteous and helpful staff, especially Muriel. The bed is comfortable, and the TVs are very nice. It's a great place for long or short stays.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was safe, clean, and comfortable. As well, we really appreciate the kind words about our staff.

Thank you again for your feedback. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

Having a terrific stay - accommodations are excellent - very clean and comfortable - staff has been very good with furnishing replacement sheets, towels, and blankets when needed. Muriel at the front desk has been an outstanding resource and I highly commend her attentiveness. Everyone has been courteous

Continental breakfast hits the spot and parking spaces are plentiful. Nice to have a kitchen with appliances

Anyone looking for a place to stay make sure you look over this place - I highly recommend it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you had a clean comfortable "home away from home" while you stayed in Sterling Heights with us. We are glad we could provide you the comforts of home like appliances and breakfast each morning. Thank you again for your kind words. The staff and I would love to provide you with another comfortable stay in the future.
Seguin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Nice place, but they were missing some things; no ice machine on the property and the room freezer only had ice trays, no ice maker. No hair dryer in room, but I got one from the front desk. No dish soap, how are you supposed to clean up your dishes? Bed was nice and firm, carpet in the hallways needs to be replaced, stinky and stained badly. No housekeeping at all while we were there 2 nights, so towels were still damp when we showered the second day. The back door to the parking lot was propped open by a rock when we got back late one night. I guess to let the homeless in??? Also, our window (first floor) was unlocked when we checked in, I'm glad I noticed it, or we may have had uninvited visitors. Quiet hotel, didn't hear any noise, slept good with the black out drapes. Bathrooms are very small, but lighting is great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. We appreciate the kind comments about your quality of sleep and our hotel's value; however, we apologize that you were not satisfied with our amenities as well as level of cleanliness throughout the property. Guests staying 1-7 nights are welcome to bring towels/linen to the front desk for full replacement. I am sorry this was not relayed to you at check-in. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken to the staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at dsh@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I ts a nice hotel with all basic facilities. Friendly staff, Quiet location and a good value for the money. I stayed for 8 days and was very much satisfied with facility and hospitality. I would recommend Extended Stay America in Sterling Heights, MI for your overnight or Buisness trips

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Sandeep - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to know that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We appreciate your kind words and recommendation for our hotel.

Southfield, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I have been a long-time guest of this facility, and especially like the very friendly (and courteous) staff and quiet, convenient location of the facility. Wouldn't mind seeing my guest room get updated / refreshed in terms of carpet and furniture, and a business center with a printer would be nice, but that said, the hotel has recently upgraded the televison in the room and now provides a morning breakfast bar with coffee and muffins / breakfast bars / fruit. All-in-all, a good value for the price, and, most importantly, very friendly and courteous staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm thrilled that your stay has been pleasant and you are enjoying our newly added amenities! Please know, even though we don't have a business center, we are always happy to print documents at our front desk upon request.

Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was a little wary about trying this hotel because it had some pretty bad reviews, but all of those were dated at lease 6 months and before.The newer reviews were all positive so my husband and I gave it a shot on a last minute decision to stay in town while buying a car. Turns out the newer review were right. The staff was helpful and friendly, the room was clean, if not a bit dated. The building is obviously older, its not the Ritz, but I would stay here again. And they have complimentary breakfast, which is always a bonus when you're staying in an unfamiliar place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Jazmine - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and friendly as well that your room was clean and comfortable. We hope you found the car you were looking for!

We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Sterling Heights, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

TG

My compliments to ALL the staff for being warm and accommodating to me during my stay. A BIG shout out to Muriel for her big smile and exceptional service! The staff works hard at keeping the hotel clean and kept up nicely. I would recommend Extended Stay America in Sterling Heights, MI for your overnight or long-term lodging needs.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Timothy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am so thrilled to know that Muriel and the rest of the staff provided such a welcoming experience during your stay. It is reviews like this that keep our staff working their hardest to make everyone completely satisfied. Thank you for the comments and recommendation. I will be sure all employees see this review!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Comfort Inn Warren
Comfort Inn Warren
#3 of 18 in Warren

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!