Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights
Reviewed October 13, 2012

the staff at this hotel is so freindly and helpful. they make you feel home. Specially Thomas and valerie. The place is 5 minutes away form most shooping centers. Walmart, Target and Oakland Mall. If you plan an an extended stay in the north suberbs of Detroit this the place.

John

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for sharing your stay with us. It's wonderful to hear the staff took such great care of you, especially Val and Thomas. I appreciate you sharing that. It sounds like the location worked out perfectly for you. Thank you again for your business. We hope to have you back again soon!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

This is the 3rd year in a row I have stayed at this property. They have many of the same staff from 3 years ago, and they remember you. A smile and a good morning when they see you. A greeting when coming back in the evening. What more could you ask for when work takes you on the road for weeks or months at a time. Plus a sensible rate for the accommodations. A very good value.

Michael G

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Sarah L, Owner at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2012

Thank you. Your feedback was simply glowing and so very much appreciated. Thank you for your continued business. I love to hear our staff members are delivering on our committment of exceptional guest service. Thank you for sharing that. We hope to see you again next year as well!

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The accommodations are good and I am very pleased with the room and housekeeping. Nice hotel in the area close to shops, restaurants and many of the engineering companies which is great for me being a worker I don't have to drive far for work. Overall everthing you can ask for at a great rate. I would definitely recommend it for short or long term stays.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review of your stay with us in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I appreciate you sharing your feedback. I'm happy to hear the location worked out so well. We are happy to have you as our guest. Thank you for your business and your feedback!

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The accommodations were excellent, I was very pleased to have a full kitchen to prepare my meals. The room was very clean and comfortable, The staff was awesome, one staffer lent me her own personal DVD player so I could prepare for upcoming training sessions. Very impressive. I could definitely have stayed there longer than the five nights I was there. Residents and guests were very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Thank you for your positive review about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent customer service, which is why it is so rewarding to hear your comments about the staff. I am so proud of the person who lent you their personal DVD player; that is the type of service our company is all about!

We appreciate you staying at our hotel, and hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations throughout the U.S. and Canada.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Let me start off by complimenting the staff at ESA-Sterling Heights! Thank you all for making our stay easy, comfortable, and enjoyable. I had to book a room because my girlfriend was getting out of the hospital and need a place that was easy to maneuver with her walker. Our house is small. I decided on ESA because I've been to the one in Roseville, MI and Savannah, GA and was treated very well. Each time I have stayed in an ESA I've stayed roughly a month. This time in Sterling Heights it was no different. Christi took my reservation and met all the needs I asked for. I was able to get my girlfriend through a rehab program and get her walking again thanks to ESA! Christi, Thomas, Muriel, and Brittney were all very helpful in getting us what we needed. Yes, the elevator went out, but was only down for 6 hours and it was during the night. (I saw this in a negative review) The maintenance person, Tom, informed me of a leak in the rear of my vehicle. Very Helpful! The front desk does close at night, but there is ALWAYS someone there. All you have to do is call or knock on the window that closes off the area. There were only two pillows, yes. (I've seen this complaint in the reviews as well!) I know many people who have worked for hotels and I know the troubles of people stealing pillows, towels, and bedding. It's a fact of the business. I wasn't able to receive extra pillows, but there is a Wal-Mart across the street that is open 24 hours. They are as cheap as 5 bucks. There is a full kitchen and large bathroom there. The kitchen is stocked with a fridge, two burner stove, microwave, and all the utensils needed for cooking! There is a reason this is called Extended Stay America. It is for people to stay for extended periods. The rates are low and the environment is clean. While I was there, they did an annual a/c cleaning. I will always recommend this hotel! I can't say enough about the staff and the stay! I wish I could say more, but words aren't enough! Thank you, guys!!!!!

Room Tip: The rooms in this hotel are excellent!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your glowing review of your stay with us. I hope your girlfriend is doing well. I really appreciate all the wonderful things you had to say about our hotel, amenities and staff. It’s great to hear that it all worked out for you. We strive for great customer service and it looks like we delivered here.

Thank you again and I hope you will stay with us again in the future or at any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have nothing but good things to say about the staff at Extended stay here in Sterling Hts. I am a professional traveller and work in the customer service field. I have never presented a need to Christi or Thomas (Manni) that has gone unfulfilled. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that asked me, and especially to someone unfamiliar to the area, and/or someone who is unsatisfied with their experience elsewhere in this vicinity.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. The staff and I truly appreciate your positive feedback regarding your stay with us. It is extremely rewarding to hear that we were able to provide you with 100% satisfaction, and that Christi and Thomas took such great care of you.

It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again or at any of our other brand locations in the future. Once more, thank you for your post.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was looking for an inexpensive hotel to spend one night, while in town for a wedding. The price was low, and the front desk clerk was very nice, but the hotel left a LOT to be desired! Upon arrival, we were walking down the hallway to our room and happened to look up at the ceiling. There were 2 spots where something had leaked, and there was MOLD on the ceiling tiles-GROSS!!! Our room appeared to be clean, the a/c was on high and the room was nice and cool but smelled faintly of smoke, and the hotel chain claims to be completely smoke-free. When we returned from our evening out, the front doors of the hotel were locked and had a handwritten note saying that the keypad was broken, please use side door. That would be fine, except we did not know where the side door was...After walking around the building the not so clearly visible door was found. As we walked through the hotel, we noticed that the front desk was closed. It would have been nice to have been informed of this also. And then we noticed a handwritten sign on the elevator that said: ELEVATOR BROKE, YOU STAIRS!!! Yes, you read that right, you stairs...OMG...Upon returning to our room, the smell of smoke was overwhelming! The bed was hard as a rock, and only had 2 pillows on it. We would've liked extras, but there was no one to ask...I realize the nightly rate is low, and you get what you pay for, but this was pretty bad. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stayinghome18
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. Let me start by sincerely apologizing for your experience with us. We strive for 100% guest satisfaction and are very sorry we did not live up to that promise in terms of your stay.

I appreciate you bringing your concerns and experiences to our attention as it only makes us better. As a result of this, I have spoken with the entire staff to ensure we handle maintenance issues like broken doors and elevators in a professional and helpful manner. We are a non-smoking hotel and state, so this was addressed as well.

Once again, from the staff and me, we are very sorry your stay with us was unenjoyable. As we have corrected these issues, I do hope you will give our hotel another try or any of our other brand locations in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#4 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#4 of 7 in Utica
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Baymont Inn & Suites Warren MI

Been to Extended Stay America - Detroit - Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!