“Good food and comfortable surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Loon River Cafe

Loon River Cafe
Ranked #128 of 255 Restaurants in Sterling Heights
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 15 mile
Transit: M-Dot stop right in front of our hotel facility.
Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food and comfortable surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

Excellent service. Michigan theme. Large fireplace and warm feeling. Veronica, my server was pleasant and recommended items from the menu on request.

Visited September 2012
VictorMartin, General Manager at Loon River Cafe, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
I will pas along your compliments to Veronica. I'm sure she'll be thrilled to hear that her efforts were appreciated.

Thank you for taking the tine to share your great experience with others.

stering heights
“Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

GREAT brunch! Will be back very soon, cannot believe I have never been and live right around the corner!

Visited September 2012
VictorMartin, General Manager at Loon River Cafe, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
We're thrilled that you enjoyed our Sunday Brunch and look forward to your next visit.
Fraser, Michigan
“Great dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

With a large group of friends going to dinner can sometimes be a hassle. The service was great. The food was wonderful. Warm bread sticks were served with garlic butter. The soup choices were many and delicious. The Michigan salad was a hit with our group. The decor is very Michigan. It was a nice evening for all members of our group.

• Visited September 2012
VictorMartin, General Manager at Loon River Cafe, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you for your review! I was happy to read that you and your group had a pleasant experience with us and hope you can return soon.
sterling heights, MI
“Decent food for the price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

After spending most of the day at Thunder Over Michigan my old college buddy and I decided on Loon River for dinner. I had not eaten there in a long time. We arrived to a virtually empty restaurant of two couples. The server was excellent but there was no one there so that was to be expected. The venison appetizer was good with the sweet relish or the dip sauce. My pan fried perch was good as were the vegetables and fries. Nothing special however. Although the salmon was cooked fine, my friend did not like the bbq type glaze which coated it. A matter of taste I guess so he didn't complain until after we left. By the time we left there were a few more people but the place was far from busy. Since I had paid for the outing tickets my friend bought dinner and said the bill was reasonable. The restaurant tries for an "up north" vibe.

• Visited August 2012
VictorMartin, General Manager at Loon River Cafe, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for leaving feedback about your dining experience with us. We constantly try to improve our service and selections and customer feedback helps us in our efforts.

I was happy to see that you enjoyed our Venison dish. It's one of my favorites and is a unique offering that we're proud to serve. We use only wild salmon in our dishes and never use farm raised product to ensure only the highest quality. I'm sorry your friend didn't enjoy the topping on the dish. We are more than happy to prepare it without the standard topping and would have been more than happy to have replaced it with something more to their liking if we had been informed about it.

We look forward to having you return in the near future and are confident that you'll have another enjoyable experience.
Detroit
“Choose a nearby restaurant instead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

The food was just ok. I would suggest going to a restaurant in the area. There are lots of choices near the hotel.

Visited July 2012
VictorMartin, General Manager at Loon River Cafe, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
I'm sorry if you had an unpleasant experience. Our entire staff is dedicated to making your time with us a pleasant one and we will redouble our efforts to ensure that your next visit is a much more enjoyable one.