“We love Ike's”
Review of Ike's Restaurant

Ike's Restaurant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ike's Restaurant has been in business since June of 1991. Ike's is located on the Southeast corner of 17 Mile and Van Dyke. Ike El-Alam, owner and hands-on proprietor of this family-owned business, has always taken pride in serving authentic and traditional Lebanese dishes as well as American, Greek, and Italian. Ike's is a delightful and intimate choice for any occasion. There is a full bar, banquet hall, and large dining area where you can be sure the food and service will meet your expectations. Ike's has a wide variety of menu items at reasonable prices.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ike's is one of our favorite places to stop when driving up Van Dyke. The service is always excellent, the food very good. One night we had a relative arrive from California & it was around 9:30 or 10. We stopped at Ikes's. Ike himself came over to take our order & made sure everything was what we wanted. Some places would just say (Some did that night), "sorry the kitchen is closing". Ike makes you feel at home & we enjoy everything every time we visit there.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

More than just good mid-eastern food. Very good service as well. Clean, and comfortable. Always wanting to please the customer. This is one of our favorite restaurants

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ike's is very good. It is a very nice place. Food is very good. A bit pricy but good, traditional Greek food.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice set up restaurant, the food is good but nothing special that stand out as an ethnic restaurant, still provided good value for the money..

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I pick up my sister early and we decide to go to Ike's for lunch/dinner - it was around 3ish so it sufficed for both! Parking is convenient - right outside the door, open the door and it is very nice - has a hostess stand. Walked in and there was no one there so we proceed to go into the restaurant. A man walks over and grabs a couple of menus and he led us to a fine booth.

Water was brought over and our waitress came over and took our drink orders - we decided on tea. One thing that I did not care for was the menu - it was a tablet. The screen had fingerprints all over it - germs, eeech! When I look at a menu I like to see pictures! Afterall, I am a product of the 60's! There was a paper menu for lunch specials on the table so I pick that up (no pictures :-( boo hoo) and I order lamb and peas. Wherever I ordered this plate it has always, I repeat always, been delicious!

I look around and the decor is upper scale and very nice. It appears quite clean and even the restrooms were clean, which is, in my opinion, a reflection of the kitchen! It the potty room is clean then definitely the kitchen has to be clean! They have one room that probably holds 30 - 40 people which would be nice for a small get together!

Our fatoosh salads come out which is included with the meal. OMG it is humongous! I only ate maybe half of it and decided I wanted to taste the lamb and rice as well, so I quit with the salad. Brought out some freshly baked pita bread, hmmmmm, nice and hot. My sister also ordered a small hommous, which would have been enough for 5 people!

We are not yet finished with eating our salads when the main course arrives. I wish I would've told her that we were not in a hurry and to hold off with putting the lamb and peas in until after we finish with the salads - this is a main TIP to anyone going to Ike's because the kitchen is very efficient and gets their meals out fast.

I look at the plate and am a little disappointed. There were maybe 5 chunks (not large pieces) of lamb on the plate. Peas were throughout the rice, sauce, and lamb - not on the side. I sort of like to mix them in and maybe just have a spoonful of peas. Oh well, no big deal. One thing that was a little disturbing was the tomato sauce on the rice - very runny. It was not thickened at all; and, therefore did not have much taste to it. Another no big deal though. Then I think this is a lunch special and because of this I excuse the small portion of lamb on the plate; afterall, it is only $10.

I leave quite happy with a large bag in hand of leftovers! My sister had ordered the same thing and if I were in my right mind I would have suggested to share the plate, but forgot! So, between the two of us we have more than 1 order because portion size of rice and peas were very generous. I might also add that she got more lamb than me! But that is okay, she is my sister!