“Fantastic authentic dishes, full meal”
Review of Ike's Restaurant

Ike's Restaurant
Cuisines: Lebanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ike's Restaurant has been in business since June of 1991. Ike's is located on the Southeast corner of 17 Mile and Van Dyke. Ike El-Alam, owner and hands-on proprietor of this family-owned business, has always taken pride in serving authentic and traditional Lebanese dishes as well as American, Greek, and Italian. Ike's is a delightful and intimate choice for any occasion. There is a full bar, banquet hall, and large dining area where you can be sure the food and service will meet your expectations. Ike's has a wide variety of menu items at reasonable prices.
“Fantastic authentic dishes, full meal”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The food is flavorful and authentic. The hummus is the best I have ever tasted. Chicken shawarma, moussaka, stuffed squash, and spinach pie are my favorites. Entrees come with soup and salad and portions are large...enough for another meal! Happy hour specials too! Highly recommended.

Visited December 2013

Michigan
“Stick w the Mediterranean fare and it's great”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been twice in the last month or so. Once for Saturday afternoon lunch my husband and I , last night w another couple. Lunch was a calmly quiet experience, ordered lunch specials I had hot turkey sandwich w/ great real mashed potatoes my husband had shish kofta (sp.) sat special soup was Cream of Mushroom and it was fabulous. Both entrees very good. Great service, nice decor.
Last night extremely busy, no reservations for party under 6 so waited at bar for about 15 minutes. Good house Cabernet for $5. My friends ordered salmon loved it, husband had shish kofta again as he liked it so much before. I ordered chicken Marsala, the only dish we did not care for. Little Marsala flavor, overly salted, but my fault as owner Ike stopped by several times to ensure all was well. Mushroom soup again was terrific. The highlight s of the dinner were the tabbouleh, hummus and baba ganoush. All exceptional and the best we've had in the area in years. At night it's a little warm and a little too brightly lit for our tastes but the food is very good overall and worth the trip. Also would be a great carry out place. Very nice people.

• Visited November 2013
Mt pleasant
“Elegant environment”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is owned by my former Spanish teacher! I decided to come in and check it out and the place is great! Good service and the food was pretty good too.

• Visited November 2012
Rockford, Illinois
“Great decor, ellegant but warm and friendly”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Traveling on business. Hotel suggested this place. Food was very good, and beautifully presented. First place I have been where the menu is a computer tablet. If you want to see what the possible choice looks like you tap it and a larger picture appears, Very Kool. For what you get the prices are very reasonable, I will eat here often when in Detroit.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Rory U
Lansing, Michigan
“Excellent Lebanese food”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I recently visited Ike's while in Sterling Heights on business. Lebanese food is some of my favorite cuisine so I was anxious to see how this place stacked up to the rest.

The restaurant is very large and has ample, comfortable seating. The staff is attentive and extremely friendly. Our waiter, Dave, was a pleasure.

The menu is quite extensive and contains all of the traditional offerings you would expect to see: Kafta, Schwarma, Falafel, Kibbeh, etc.

I ordered the Falafel (baked) with grilled vegetables and a fattoush salad. Everything was excellent. The vegetable were grilled to perfection and had a wonderful seasoning blend. They cooked the Falafel to perfection - not too dry. And the fattouch had just the right amount of dressing on it. The portions are what you would expect for the price.

You have a choice of hummus or garlic spread. The garlic spread is some of the best I have had at a Lebanese restaurant. A perfect companion to the freshly baked pita bread.

If I am in the area again, I will definitely return.

• Visited August 2013