“Extremely Long wait for Food. Service good. Food was Average Fast food Italian.”
Review of Olive Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olive Garden
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A group of 9 of us had dinner at this Olive Garden recently. The reception desk was courteous and had us seated right away which was nice. They had 2 waitresses taking care of our table. The place was busy. We had a few minutes to look over the menu's while our group waited for a few other members to join our party. After about 20 minutes everyone in our party was ready to order. Wait staff took our orders. Served us bread. Bread was nice and hot. Then salad was served. Now we waitied for at least 45mins to 1 hour before the waitress came by and said it wouldn't be long "any minute" for or dinner entree's. Well it was another 20 mins or more when finally most of our entree's showed up. Another +5 mins before the final entree arrived. One guest had the waitress take an entree back because it was uneddible and disgusting in taste. My meal was alright. Nothing special. I had the Tour de Mare. Tour of the SEA. I received 3 supposedly lobster/shrimp tortellini which tasted disgusting. A bowl of about 10 lightly breaded greasy shrimp. A small portion of shrimp fettuccini which was actually not bad, My wife order a chicken stuffed crusted parmesan dish. It was good. One of our friends had the egg plant paremesan which she loved. Overall our group found the food average. The bread sticks were stale by the time the food arrived. Waitresses did a good job serving us and refilling drinks, salad etc but the only complaint was that it took about 1.5 hours for our food to arrive. Also one of the people in our group complained becasue they automatically charged 18% tip (which I knew they would do which is commonly standard practice anywhere for larger groups). She asked for seperate bills and thought they shouldn't add the 18%. I usually tip 15-20% depending on service etc. This time I was debating about giving less only because of the long wait for our entree's but the manager came by and offered everyone $5 off coupons for the long wait. I suspect the waitress mentioned it too him that many were displeased. I won't be going back to this location. I rarely go to the Olive Garden. If I want real quality Italian food there are many other places to visit. I gave the $5 coupons away to some friends.