“Clean, Roomy, Great Location”

Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Portage, Michigan
“Clean, Roomy, Great Location”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This review is a little late in coming, but I wanted to review my stay on June 28, 2013 for a Double Queen Suite. I stayed here at this hotel to attend the Stars and Stripes Fest and see Collective Soul in concert.

The Hotel is off the road behind a Starbucks and Jimmy John's and right next to a Meijer. If you aren't watching closely you might drive right past it. The property exterior and parking lot was clean. Upon walking into the Hotel Lobby you will see it's very clean and spacious with dark wood tables and chairs and this area is where you will eat your breakfast if you choose to eat down there. There is also a very small snack stand with drinks, snacks, and some medicine.

I was greeted by a very courteous and friendly staffer, I'm sorry if I forgot their name, but he answered by questions well and even gave me a different floor for my room when I didn't like the one he originally gave me and didn't complain at all. I appreciate great service. Got my key and me and my brother and sis in law made our way up to our queen suite. The elevator moved pretty quickly and there was an ice machine and pop machine right outside the elevator. The Pop machine has 12 oz Pop for $1.00 and 10 oz Dasani water for $1.00 Not a bad price really.

Made my way to my room and opened it up and the room was very spacious, and clean. There was a small kitchen area with coffee pot, small sink and counter. There was a table right by the sink area to eat at. There was a nice flat screen tv with direct tv and HBO. The queen beds were big and very comfortable with big pillows that were comfy. The bathroom had a large counter with Hair dryer and bathtub and shower with complimentary shampoo and conditioner. The water pressure was good and the water was hot. There is also a nice living room area with couch that has a fold out bed. The Air worked great and was nice and cold.

This property also has a complimentary breakfast that's your typical continental fare, with a few hot dishes that included an egg and ham mix and also hot american fry potatoes. Not to be mean, but the eggs with ham did not look appealing as it looked dry and the eggs looked powdered. The bagels and bread were good, as well as the muffins, fresh fruit mix and cold cereal.

If you are looking for a nice Hampton that's comfy and clean, this one will definitely fit the bill. I would definitely stay again and have :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Burton, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The title of this review says it all. I have stayed here twice in a short amount of time, and have had a good experience both times. Big lobby, coffee always available, helpful and friendly staff, quiet rooms and a good breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

LeClaire
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Everything was as expected. Check in was easy and quick. The room was clean, the bed was great. Had a fridge and microwave, very large room. The breakfast was good, nice selection of items and area was kept very clean. Check out went smooth, bill was under the door and all charged were accurate. Overall, my only problem was that a storm had knocked out the Hotels internet. I don't blame Hampton since they can't control the weather. A very pleasant stay, I will stay here again the next time I'm in Sterling Heights.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We love this hotel. It is close to my families residence and close to stores and restaurants. All of our family attending our nieces graduation stayed here at a great rate. We will be staying here in the future I am sure.

Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Manny checked us in and was he was very professional and he was helpful in supplying some menus for places that deliver food. Our room was clean and had no sign of wear. The beds and pillows were like sleeping on clouds. The only negative was their WIFI was down due to a recent storm (2 days ago). The room phone did not work as well, but we all had cell phones, so no big deal there. It is located right beside a Meijer and behind a Panera Bread and a Starbucks. All the staff were very friendly. We will definitely revisit this hotel when going to visit family in Michigan.

Room Tip: We stayed in 106. Two queens with a refrigerator, microwave and sink (in addition to the one in the...
Kalamazoo, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our stay at the Hampton Inn in Sterling Heights was our first visit to the area. We made the RSVP while on the road last minute. Always open, free shuttle, very helpful staff, quality hotel, and breakfast. This hotel stay made our entire trip easy. Chris our shuttle driver, even gave out his cell phone number to make it easy for us to call him to bring us back...Very helpful for people from out of town. Great bars within walking distance...Definetly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Whitby Ontario
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The Hampton Inn on Van Dyke in Sterling Heights is always a pleasure from the time I walk in the lobby doors. The hotel is clean, the staff are very friendly, the breakfast has a good selection of hot/cold foods, the rooms are clean, the exercise equipment is all new, the pool looks great (I've never used it), the location of the hotel is within walking distance to shopping and restaurants ... I would highly recommend this hotel for your stay. Enjoy !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Quality Inn And Suites Detroit Warren Tech Center
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!