“Fine Lebanese restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Harbor Springs, Michigan
“Fine Lebanese restaurant”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

There are numerous Lebanese or Middle Eastern restaurants in the Metro Detroit area, and the competition is fierce. This particular restaurant in the northeast suburb of Sterling Heights turned out to be one of the better choices. The kabob, the rice, the tabbouleh salad, the hummus, the pita bread, all were delicious. As is typical of ethnic restaurants, the serving portions were so generous that one ends up with enough food to provide for lunch or dinner the next day. The decor at Ollie's was attractive, and our server was helpful and professional.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank LouBobHarborSprings

Egchel, netherlands.
“Great food!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

First time (or it was a real long time ago) i ate lebanese food, and it was actually really good. I had the shrimp cilantro and it tasted great. The atmosphere was really nice and the service very kind.

1 Thank Rob H
Detroit, Michigan
“Good Food”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Great Food. We have visited Ollie's quite a few times and are always happy with the food and service. It has been somewhat quiet when we have gone to visit, however once people realize Ollie's is there and that the food is great, they'll start to pick up.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank bluefrogs32
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great fried cauliflower; loved the salad and soup”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband and I went here during a trip to Michigan. We can't get find much good Lebanese food in Atlanta, so we were glad to be in Detroit again for good Lebanese. The fried cauliflower was excellent! We also were quite surprised at the size of the salad that accompanied the entree. I had the crushed lentil soup, which also was very good. The decor seems a bit contrived, but overall, a very pleasant experience.

• Visited January 2013
“Great food, so-so seating”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I've been eating here since it first opened. I love their fattoush salads. They use just the right amount of dressing for me. Their garlic spread is POTENT! One of the most potent that I have ever tasted and I love garlic spread but it's still good. Ive never had a bad dish here. The shish tawook platter is one of my favorites. The price is a little more than others but to me it's worth it. I've never had bad service here. My biggest issue is with the booth seats. They feel cheap. If a person is sitting at the booth behind you and they move, you kind of move with them. They feel hollow and aren't the most comfortable, but you can always sit at a table then. This doesn't stop me from still enjoying the food.

• Visited October 2012