“go there quick”

Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2012

The shrimp kabobs are out of this world when they say large jumbo shrimp they ARE. The small pita breads with the humas is the I Can't Stop Eating Them. Service is great and friendly. The shrimp pasta is the one dish my husband always gets when going there and the portions are more then enough. The beef mushroom soup you just have to have. It is a nice relaxing place and well decorated

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Good service, welcoming and clean building as well as good food.
I just visited today on a whim to try something new. The service was great, really attentive and nice server, not over the top friendly but down to business and kind. The building is really nice, wonderful decor and seating. I was worried about feeling out of place trying a new place and having no prior knowledge of Lebanese food but it was really a nice place.

I can't comment on the food in comparison to other Lebanese food, however, I really enjoyed the bread brought out at the beginning of the meal. I got Chicken Shawarma and it was really really flavorful, tender and moist. We got quite a lot of food for 40 dollars, two good sized meals, soup, starter, bread (and humus) and two drinks.
I would definitely return to try some new dishes.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

My favorite Lebanese restaurant. Food and service is great!!

Reviewed March 24, 2012

We've been regular customers at La Saj Lebanese restaurant in Sterling Heights for two years now. This was our "default" restaurant after La Shish closed its excellent chain of Lebanese restaurants in Metro Detroit over international drama and intrigue!

Just as you are greeted with salsa and chips at a Mexican restaurant, you are welcomed here with fresh Lebanese bread "discs" and a delicious and strong garlic spread. Sometimes they're a little slow bringing these complimentary starters here.

Usually the bread is hot out of the oven where it is slapped up on the side and removed when just perfect. The garlic spread that comes with it is out of this world if you're a garlic lover. It's extremely strong (a good thing to me) and it is apparently healthy. You'd swear it has Crisco in it because it's so smooth. But they tell me it's simply a ton of fresh garlic cloves, olive oil, perhaps a little lemon juice and some ice cubes. Then it is blended at high speed in a blender with plenty of horse power until it's absolutely creamy. It's so good we usually buy a little vat of it to take home and enjoy later.

Being home to the largest Arab American population outside of the Middle East, we are blessed with great Lebanese and other Middle Eastern restaurants here in Metro Detroit. And I'd put La Saj right up at the top.

Most meals start out with your choice of soup or salad. We usually spend a little extra and get both. Our weakness here is the crushed lentil soup. The salad consists of lettuce greens, chopped tomatoes, some sort of Middle Eastern green squash (or so it would appear), onions, parsley and a tangy dressing of olive oil and lemon.

Nice, extra sides or starters would include Hommus (creamy ground chick peas) or Baba Ghanouge (creamy, smoky roasted egg plant).

For the main course they offer all the usual Middle Eastern suspects from sandwiches like Shwarmas (chicken or beef in a crispy pita) to Kafta (seasoned ground lamb). For heartier appetites they offer Kabobs (chicken, beef or lamb), combo platters, roasted chicken, lamb chops and various seafood items.

The owner here is a really nice man who personally oversees the entire operation to make sure your dining experience is a pleasant one.

Based on our many visits we can highly recommend La Saj to you.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stumbled upon this great Lebanese themed restaurant shortly after it opened and became wildly popular. I have introduced several friends & coworkers to La Saj and they all love it and frequent it also. Good service too.