“Very nice place to stay.”

TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We just stayed Saturday June 14th 2014 in a 2 bedroom suite. There ended up only being my husband and I and our 14 yr old daughter. The room was excellent, clean and very comfortable. We relaxed by the pool and had plenty of choices for evening activities in the area. We didn't make it to the breakfast in the morning because we over slept. But that was because of the great night we had. Also there was fruit infused water both days at the front desk that was wonderful. Staff was also very nice.We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Excellent location for shopping, eating out or in. The kitchen was equipped for all your needs including a dish washer, t towels ,dish detergent. We had one of the best nights sleep...the pillows were like marshmallows. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at the TownePlace Suites in Sterling Heights at the beginning of March. The property is just on the outside of the Lakeside Mall and thus is convenient for shopping. Its also off Hall Road which is convenient for shopping and dining. However, the traffic is busy on Hall Rd 24/7.

I had a basic room with came with a double bed. The room is adequately furnished and was clean.
Pros:
-Off Hall Rd and close to shopping and dining options
-Building is decent condition and property is clean.
-Front desk was pleasant

Cons:
-I stayed, Building B, the Halls had a funky cooking smell on third floor.
- Bathroom sink was slow to drain.
- Ice machine is only in main building. If you stay in building B, you have to go outside to main building (A) to get Ice. They have 1 ice machine.
- Breakfast is very poor if you are comparing against other chains. Just cereal, yogurt coffee/tea available.
- Hall Rd is busy 24/7 (think mini highway)
-I saw some other guests who appeared to be long term residents based on the volume of items being moved into room
- Some individuals were hanging around the parking lot outside the property in the evening. Waiting for a friend or loitering?

Overall adequate accommodations and the location is convenient. Even better if you can get a deal on the room.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bk19
Jeremy S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2014

Thank you for your response. We use the information gathered from all of our reviews to improve our services and amenities for future stays. I have notified the proper departments of the issues you discussed in your review. I am happy that you found our front desk pleasant and our rooms clean. We do have extended stay guests that enjoy our full kitchens. Again thank you so much for helping the TownePlace Suites by Marriot of Sterling Heights improve our services.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff was very warm and welcoming, showers were "roomy" and had good pressure, clean rooms, the standard room (312) is a bit smaller than other extended stay places I have stayed in and the queen bed is smaller than my queen at home but overall, I really liked this hotel. I'd stay again!
This is not a hotel issue but for someone who is not familiar with the area, the location is great but Hall rd traffic is a nightmare. Expect it and just deal with it. Lots of malls and restaurants close by.

Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great rooms with sitting area and complete kitchen. Staff are wonderful
We have stayed here many times and never had a complaint. Lots of great dining choices nearby. The 2 bedroom suites are fantastic for a family or 2 couples.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a 23 day gap between homes. I booked this hotel online and got a great rate. But before I booked, we came to look at the place to make sure that this is a place we would want to stay at for 23 days. We liked it before we even moved in! Since we have been here, I have nothing negative at all to say about this hotel and the staff here. The staff, Everyone of them, has been most accomodating! All of the staff members are friendly and go out of their way to help you anyway they can! The room that we booked was a studio room. It had a full kitchen fully stocked with all kitchenware, a big desk with a pull out table that could be used for dining, a couch (that pulls out to a bed), a chair and a coffee table, a queen size bed, plenty of storage, and a big window that opened. When I needed to extend my stay for 2 more days, they accomodated my request with no hassle! Love this place and would recommend it to anyone who needs a great place to stay, in a great neighborhood, close to shopping and every restaurant you can think of!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the stairwell. People have no consideration for...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location was perfect, far enough from the road to eliminate road noise but close enough to everything to be easily accesiable. My only complaint would be the internet since they changed their system during my stay it got worse. it would cycle every 15 minutes to an hour and kick you off of anything you were doing. The staff was great overall, the management needed to be more personal. The kitchen was great for someone that doesn't cook often or in my case, doesn't cook well. Otherwise it is in need of a overhaul. TV - Great, noise level - out of many months, only twice did I have to call to tell them calm down the "buffalo's above me"

Room Tip: Chose a top floor if possible. to eliminate noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling Heights
Hampton Inn & Suites Sterling He...
#1 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Sterling Heights-Detroit Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ste...
#2 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica

Been to TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights? Share your experiences!