TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
$47
Hotels.com
$98
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
$77
$58
Travelocity
$109
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica(Utica)(Great Value!)
$99
La Quinta
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfull kitchenbedroom suitehall roadyogurtoutdoor poolhard boiled eggspartridge creekcomfortable bedhalf hourcontinental breakfastnon smokingside by sidesmall kitchenettestores and restaurantsthe breakfast areaextended stayfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We had a 23 day gap between homes. I booked this hotel online and got a great rate. But before I booked, we came to look at the place to make sure that this is a place we would want to stay at for 23 days. We liked it before we even moved in! Since we have been here, I have nothing negative at all to say about this hotel and the staff here. The staff, Everyone of them, has been most accomodating! All of the staff members are friendly and go out of their way to help you anyway they can! The room that we booked was a studio room. It had a full kitchen fully stocked with all kitchenware, a big desk with a pull out table that could be used for dining, a couch (that pulls out to a bed), a chair and a coffee table, a queen size bed, plenty of storage, and a big window that opened. When I needed to extend my stay for 2 more days, they accomodated my request with no hassle! Love this place and would recommend it to anyone who needs a great place to stay, in a great neighborhood, close to shopping and every restaurant you can think of!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the stairwell. People have no consideration for others as they run up and down the stairs all night. We had the first floor room next to the enterance. This did not bother us, but you can hear when people climb the stairs.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The location was perfect, far enough from the road to eliminate road noise but close enough to everything to be easily accesiable. My only complaint would be the internet since they changed their system during my stay it got worse. it would cycle every 15 minutes to an hour and kick you off of anything you were doing. The staff was great overall, the management needed to be more personal. The kitchen was great for someone that doesn't cook often or in my case, doesn't cook well. Otherwise it is in need of a overhaul. TV - Great, noise level - out of many months, only twice did I have to call to tell them calm down the "buffalo's above me"

Room Tip: Chose a top floor if possible. to eliminate noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We, my daughter and the two girls walked into the hotel and the front desk person made us feel so welcome. Up to the room to find two bedrooms a living room and kitchen. Extremely clean, could do with a little refurbishing but very adequate. The pool area was small but well kept. We had a small problem, called the desk and it was resolved immediately. Breakfast was sufficient with the normal cereal, fruit and drinks. But added on were cold boiled eggs which is very European. We enjoyed the differences. At the desk they had cold water infused with oranges and lemons. A nice treat. It was local to great shopping areas.

Room Tip: Ask for the two bedroom as I think the others would be small.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spotless room, attentive staff, perfect location, and comfortable bed. What more could you ask for whether it's a business trip or for pleasure? I would definitely return. The area may become crowded as specific times being on the same road as the mall but I was there for 2 nights Thurs-Friday and didn't experience any issues getting to or from any of my other destinations as there were plenty of alternate routes that could be taken.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We booked several two-bedroom suites as well as four studio unites for ourselves and out-of-town relatives coming in for a family wedding. The location was perfect - right around the corner from the reception hall, Villa Penna. Lakeside Mall was right across the street from the hotel, which was convenient for picking up last-minute items for the wedding.

The suites were very clean and having the separate bedrooms offered privacy. The bathroom sink was separate from the toilet and tub room, which helped as we got ourselves ready for the wedding. We were able to store lots of food in the full-size fridge, and the kitchen was stocked with basic cookware, dishes and utensils. The "living room" area was small, but we managed to squeeze about 16 relatives in one of the suites for a few hours to hang out together before going to bed!

The breakfast was not impressive, but you can definitely fill up on fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, cold cereal and milk, yogurt, juice, bagels and pre-wrapped PB&J sandwiches. The bad part was that there is no separate area or room for breakfast beside the few tables in the small lobby, so many guests took their selections back to their rooms.

The hotel pool was small and located right next to the parking lot by the front door, and there is a very small gym. We didn't make use of these amenities, but we did go down the street (Hall Rd.) to CJ Barrymore's for go-cart racing, which was fun for all the adults and kids. (20 ride tickets for $80)

Room Tip: There are two separate buildings, so it may be more convenient to get a room in the same building as the lobby, breakfast bar, the fitness room and the coin laundry room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family