“Hidden gem - gourmet food without the gourmet price”
Review of Sterling's Bistro

Sterling's Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Sterling's Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Just off Hall Road
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We have been going to Sterling's Bistro since it opened. Each time we go, we continue to be amazed at the quality of food and attention to detail they have. BTW they have a birthday special (not really advertised) - fish of the day or prime rib free on the exact date of your birthday. They have remodelled (I miss the beautiful mirrors) - but they still do a top notch job.

My favorite is the Crab and Shrimp cake - they've got some sauce that makes it "to die for". I also love the sea bass - one warning, the sauce they serve with it is very rich, so if you're sensitive to rich foods go easy on the green sauce.

I'm not much of a dessert person, but they've got a great creme brulee - again served uniquely with raspberry sauce - yum!

2  Thank TravelsWithKidlings

Reviewed August 30, 2012

First time here, the food is amazing! Great appetizer and entree selection. The goat cheese fondue appetizer was delicious, crab topped filet mignon with bernaise and asparagus was the perfect entree. I love that every steak entree comes with 3 different size options. Service was also amazing. Very nice and very impressed.

2  Thank heather020179
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I have been eating at all the Italian chains in the Utica/Sterling Heights area for 8 years and wanted something different so I checked Tripadvisor and this popped up. It was really nice and the food and service were excellent! It is a bit hidden with the Cheeseburger in Paradise in front of it on the highway and I simply had driven by it before. Sorry I missed it. I had a wonderful Sea Bass (really Sea Bass and not Tilapia) that was well presented and very tasty. We went on Wednesday evening and the wine was half price. The service was great, food was great; what's not to like?
I travel to Sterling Heights 2-3 times a year and will definitely be back.

4  Thank Guest150
Reviewed August 25, 2012

While driving to an event last night, my husband and I noted a lot of cars parked by Sterling's Bistro in Sterling Heights, and made a mental note. So on our way home, we gave it a try, and were completely happy with our dinner, the service, the decor, the friendliness of the staff.
We were seated right away. The upholstery, woodwork, lighting, dishes, and art were sophisticated, but informal - all beautifully designed. I had the mahi-mahi fish tacos with pineapple-mango salsa and rice on the side - absolutely delicious. My husband ordered meatloaf with nicely flavored and textured mashed potatoes. The French onion soup was like Julia Child's recipe, and the salad Caprese was flavorful. Even the coffee was outstanding in a nice mug on a white square server, with metal individual creamer. We will certainly go back, and just wish there was a Sterling's Bistro closer to our home. Our only complaint was the music - could have been more relaxing and interesting.

2  Thank Lnawara
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Sterling's is my favorite restaurant in this area. The Miso Sea Bass is to die for! We also love the Firecracker Shrimp appetizer that is often on special. The drinks are yummy too. :-)

2  Thank msufan12345