“Best Pizza Around”

Dining options: Reservations
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Best Pizza Around”
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Joe's has lovely inviting atmosphere not to mention the food. We love the pizza and the Traverse City Chicken is a fav too. I have experienced slow service but the cusine out weighs the wait. The pizza is a bit on the pricey side, but if you really like pizza----you have to try it!

• Visited March 2011

Shelby Twp.
“The most repulsive experience with a restraunt personel”
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I am numb with words at how to relay my experience. To make it as concise as possible, my family among other friends and acquaintances visited this restaurant after celebrating a baptism. We arrived and were greeted by a friendly waiter though he was confused, somewhat presumptuous, and disorganized. I believe the disorganization came because he had no support from his restaurant personal/management. Overall, 15 adults and 9 children (as I recall) were present and just him as the server. Needless to say the service was very slow and disorganized. After 40 minutes we were filled up on bread and our drinks and continued to wait for our entree food to arrive. My children were done with the experience and again the lone waiter was the only one trying to manage. After 50 minutes and no food, my family had to leave. I spoke to the waiter for the bill to pay for the drinks and salad/soup that we ate. We made arrangements and said goodbye to the waiting party. The host couple were also disappointed and followed up the matter.
The most repulsive part of this whole experience was when a lady came to our car out in the parking lot asking if any thing was wrong. We started to explain the experience and she interrupted by saying, "first of all whoever set up the reservation set it up for 30 people"... and something to the effect that she likes to have things pre-ordered and not have people order off the menu. Though I had no knowledge of this information I didn't feel it was for me to know at all. These details are between the host and the restaurant.... not the guest or the patron.
She continued in condescending tone and words to justify the poor service to how unprepared they were for the 15 adults and 9 children (*didn't she say the reservation was for 30 people?) There were obvious incongruency with her statements but most of all, I was just aghast at her rudeness to berate us in our car in front of my children calling me irresponsible, unchristian, not hardworking, giving me the "whatever" hand and stating how wrong it was of me to not wait and pay for the food I never got. I still cannot believe how unprofessional, and impertinently rude this woman was. She gave no name or introduction but was rash and uncivil.
As we drove home, we wondered how this woman came to have such audacity and offensiveness in her. Though we may never know, it certainly left us shocked and ill suited to ever recommend this restaurant to anyone. I have never experienced such customer service if that is what you call it. Hopefully we never will and other possible patrons think in hesitation if this is an establishment they want to support. I know one person does not tip all scales but this one woman tipped it for my family and the guests of this party.

3 Thank expericences

troy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great itailian”
Reviewed January 8, 2008

joe bolognas is a family owned italian resaurant. this restaurant is very family friendly and has great food. I go there probably once a month for either carry out or sit in. sometimes the owners come out and talk with you. overall a great restaurant with great service. I recommend this place to everyone

1 Thank foodman16