“Service?”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 13, 2014

I made a reservation for 8 based upon the reviews on this site. Unfortunately our experience was far less than stellar. We were seated at a table and ignored for 30 minutes. Even after giving our drink orders it was another 20 minutes before we got a piece of bread or our drinks. We had our up there in age mom with us otherwise we would have gotten up and left. The owner or manager did finally offer us free "dessert" after we complained enough. Its too bad the service left us with such a bad impression of the place because the food was good when we finally got it. One of the orders was made incorrectly and you guessed it ..it took another 30 minutes. At that point we just boxed up the order and left. I believe the owner was sitting at another table enjoying a glass of wine while we sat there and stewed. Well as I read on another site the service is hit or miss so its up to you to take your chances.

1  Thank juneau92

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Very good extensive Italian menu with with experienced staff. I have visited dozens of times and not been disappointed with tasty meals and interesting daily specials. Small and inviting.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Love this restaurant. Homey, friendly and love the food. Best Traverse City Chicken ever. Wonderful palomino sauce!

1  Thank Terry C
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Group of 6 for dinner, with 4 never having been there.

What an awesome experience! Waitress A+, Food A+, Atmosphere A+, we conversed with the owner for quite a while, and went into the kitchen with the owner to get a question answered by the chef! WOW!

The waitress "got us" and we had fun all night! She was a great waitress who brought water, wine, and food even before we knew we needed it! The four friends who were new to Joe's were highly impressed and we all swore we'd be back soon! It's a bit expensive, but worth every cent!

My only problem was choosing which delicious meal I'd get! An awesome night with awesome food and people!

Did I mention Joe Bolognas Trattoria is AWESOME?

1  Thank mhcgjl
Reviewed January 29, 2014

This place is great. Some friends of mine told me about it and took my wife there for a dinner before the movies. Food was fabulous and nice decor. Very great setting.