“Classic Italian”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2012

They do it right. Friendly staff. Good food. Good service.

There are newer reviews for Joe Bologna Trattoria

Reviewed February 26, 2012

Excellent service with traditional Italian cuisine.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

Joe's is a popular eating place in Sterling Heights. It is a typical Italian menu with all the traditional veal, beef and chicken specials as well as pizza. My husband and I split a chicken with mushrooms dish and an appetizer. The meal came with a regular lettuce salad which was good but nothing special.
The cream sauce was too rich - too much cream and overly thick and the chicken was slightly too dry and was added as though it was an after thought. We thought it was ok, but nothing to write home about. The appetizer - meat balls, was the same way - too much cheese, terrible breading and average taste. Acceptable, but I would not order it again.
We were given delicious bread to go with the meal, but they offered the typical olive oil to go with it - again nothing special. We did have deserts which was good.
Based on the traffic we saw going in and out, I would say that the locals like it.
They do offer beer and wine but I we did not order it.
We visited in early Feb. 2012 and one of the rooms was unavailable because of renovation. We were lucky to get a seat a 6:00 because of this. If you are going on a weekend, be sure to make reseravations because of this situation.
The service was excellent and the only part of the meal that was outstanding.

1  Thank Margo Z
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just like in the movies. Joe greets you and walks the restaurant chatting with the customers. Every dish is fabulous. I really love the Lasagna

Reviewed March 9, 2011

Joe's has lovely inviting atmosphere not to mention the food. We love the pizza and the Traverse City Chicken is a fav too. I have experienced slow service but the cusine out weighs the wait. The pizza is a bit on the pricey side, but if you really like pizza----you have to try it!