“Great Golf”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanwood
The Inn at St. Ives
Ranked #2 of 2 Stanwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I purchased a discounted stay on-line and we definitely got a great value. The inn is nice, the room was clean and had a large jacuzzi in the corner of the room. It's not luxurious but certainly very livable. There is an indoor pool, great if you get a rainy day. The highlight was the golf course. It's well maintained and in great condition. When we played we had the course to ourselves - we never had to wait and never had anyone behind us. Overall, we enjoyed our stay and will come back.

• Stayed: August 2013

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in room #102, which was supposed to have a kitchenette available for us to use. THis consisted of a mini-fridge on the floor and miniature microwave stacked on top. This was obviously wasn't this type of room but modified to qualify the price. My other complaint is that there was mold in the shower, totally disgusting. Not very pleased, and won't be going back. If you want to play golf, the course is awesome, just stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jon g
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Came to golf - clubs never left the bag. My better half sprained an ankle. Found a lot to do in towns within 1 1/2 hours driving distance. From Grand Rapids with the Gerald Ford museum, the zoo, Meyers garden and Founders brewery. Then Big rapids for another brewery called Krankers and a restaurant called Shubergs. Then to Mt pleasent for a visit to CMU and movie called the Heat. Finished it off by going to the dunes. Quite a trip. Might have to come back again. Might bring the clubs. Golf courses are very nice also

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HuronsForever
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

First time at St Ives so our foursome wasn't sure what to expect. The golf courses were fantastic and the facilities first class. Don't expect to much at the hotel or surrounding area in terms of night life and entertainment.But if the main focus for your stay is golf, both St. Ives and Tullymore can't be beat

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank jaylbay
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I had reservations at the Inn at St Ives for a friend and me for four nights. After finally finding the Inn, we were sent to Tullymore Golf Club because the keys had been moved. Why? I have no idea but it was the best move ever. We were given one of the beautiful units at The Residence and it was spectacular. Three bedrooms (two with patio/balcony), three and a half bathrooms, five tvs, top of the line kitchen, granite countertops, jacuzzi tub, rain shower, outdoor gas firepit and the 18th hole! While the location is 30 minutes from any type of larger town, the area was beautiful and the unit was great. We walked, not being golfers, and spent time in the unit catching up. What a great place. I imagine golfers would love the beauty of this area.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed here in Jan 2013 for a few days. We came to the resort mainly to just use there nice pool. When we checked in they had a sign saying pool is out of order so that really sucked since there is hardly anything to do around there. They did upgrade us to 2 adjoing rooms which was nice, was plenty of room for us an our 4 year old. They did offer us passes to go to a another pool that was a few miles away, an we did go there, but would have much rather used the pool at the resort. I am a guy an dont really care about the bed, but this one was awesome was the best i slept in a long time. One room had an older tv in the room, an the other had a newer flat screen. Was nice view of the golf course an we seen a lot of deer there. I would stay here again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jason h
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Check-in was pretty lack luster, the front desk girl couldn’t really seem to care that we were there. She initially thought we were there for the timeshare presentation. When I casually mentioned that I was surprised nobody had called to see if we wanted to go on one while we were here, she didn’t say a word. I also asked if any of the units had Hi-Def. TV and she said no, but when we got into the unit they were definitely both flat-screen TV’s.

Unit

The unit itself was nice; there was a separate living room with dining room table and very nice chairs. I am not sure, but I think all of the units, have been recently updated as some of the pictures I found on-line look out dated. With properties like this, it can be difficult to tell if the pictures online reflect the actual units, or units of other local properties affiliated (Tully more). Kitchen was very modern, and included stove and fridge with ice maker and water filter, marble counter tops etc. Lots of storage room, and a couple of lazy Susan’s which I like, although they stuck often. They also have the Ikea “angry drawers” which when slammed closed stop to prevent banging. There are no patios for the individual units which made it difficult for Karen to smoke. Our unit did not have a bathtub, but did have one of the sit-in showers which I actually prefer since I don’t like baths. I occasional used the Jacuzzi, but Karen generally enjoys that more as I’ll go down to the hot tubs if the facility has one. Views are not spectacular, but might have been better on the backside of the resort. The front looks out onto the golf course, but from the first floor we were on you cannot see much. Walls seem to be paper thin, could very easily here the next door neighbours TV if we shut ours off. Not sure if they were trying to drown mine out which was not loud, or if they were just older and hard of hearing.

Apparently there are some Jacuzzi suites, although we were not in one which was a bit of a shame for a weekend long stay. We were unfortunately already settled in when I realized they did have some, so would definitely ask for one next time. They also have both units with King size beds, and units like ours that have double beds and we would have preferred the king, so again something for us to consider again next time.

Amenities

This is DEFINITELY not a family friendly resort. If you have kids, my recommendation would be to steer clear unless you are planning on using this for a jumping off point, and spending very little time here. The ideal purpose would be for golfing of course, or if you are just looking for a quit, relaxing weekend away like we were. There is a full-size pool, that is located in a building directly beside but you would have to go out into the cold to get to it. This is also where the gym facilities where located, which would be adequate as they have both free weights, and a bow-flex with some cardio machines as well. A nice benefit was a massage table they have for relaxing on after a rough day on the courses. Since it was November and in between seasons, the sports bar pub was closed (only open from April to October). The outdoor pool was also closed over at the Tullymore resort.

Overall we enjoyed our stay, mostly the area because it is quite quiet. During the three days we were there we must have seen 15 deer, and we did not get to do much walking around. This would be a beautiful area to go hiking in. We will definitely go back to this resort, hopefully when it is a little bit warmer.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank gandalf2520002

Been to The Inn at St. Ives? Share your experiences!