“Wonderful!”

Outback Lodge and Stables
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Stanwood
Outback Lodge and Stables
Ranked #1 of 2 Stanwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Very clean, homey B & B. EXCELLENT food! Owners were very professional. Beautiful scenery, even in the middle of a cold Michigan winter. We had a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the woods and candle light dinner in front of the fire place. Very relaxing get-away!

Room Tip: Rooms downstairs are family-oriented. Upstairs we had a small but comfortable room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rickandoreen

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We went to the Outback for a 3 day golf outing. Our group of 24 guys have been playing golf for over 16 years. Kent arranged for golf at 2 of the courses. The meals were incredible. The breakfast was so good each morning that we didn't want to go play golf. Kent even made us huge sandwiches to take with us to the course. After golf we had bon fires around the fire pit drank Budwiser. Sue took us for hay rides and we had cider and donuts. Kent is an incredible cook and the T-bone steaks were beyond belief. Everyone of the guys signed their guest book and said that this was the best 3 day event that they have ever been a part of in the 16 years we have been playing together. I couldn't agree more. It was fantastic the way Kent and Sue rolled out the country hospitality. If you want the best golf outing you have ever had - book it. Thanks Gerald (Kent) and Sue ....you're the best.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug C
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Had a great time riding the horses and talking with our guide. The only problem was that the picnic for 2 was actually a picnic for 4!!! The guy who delivered our lunch and our guide never stepped more than 15 feet away from us and proceeded to gossip loudly the whole time. They knew it was my girlfriend's Birthday and knew that it was a surprise for her yet they didn't seem to care that they were completely hovering over us the whole time. It was incredibly AWKWARD!!! It would have been better if they had just joined us because at least we wouldn't have been eating in front of them. The only way we could have avoided this was to be rude and ask them to give us some space which I should have done but shouldn't have ever been put in the situation where I would have to. I left raging angry but said nothing because it was my girlfriend's Birthday. We never actually said anything to each other the whole time because we felt like we had to compete with the conversation next to us and didn't really want to share our conversation. The food was also cold but we didn't really care about the food - they could have given me a granola bar and I would have been happy. All I wanted was 20 minutes alone in the woods with my girlfriend. That would have been pretty special for us.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Chinagriff
Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I just arrived back home from Michigan where we have family. This was our fourth stay at the Outback Lodge and it was just as accommodating as all the rest. We stayed in the Hero room, which was just what we needed~a quiet, private room with a view. Kent and Sue and grandson Parker were all so pleasant. The breakfasts were each served with thoughtfulness to detail. We have enjoyed a bonfire in September and an early morning horseback ride on previous trips. We recommend the Cowboy Cottage in the summer if you want your own private retreat and look forward to a horse-drawn sleigh ride in the future when the snow is present. This is a laid back, family friendly place with room for family gatherings and get-togethers with friends.

Room Tip: There are a number of different rooms, each with their own style/arrangement. check their website f...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank rustic1Kansas
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My first visit to the Outback was in June of this year (2012). I loved it so much that I went back there twice in July, once in August, and once in September. Each time I have been there, the owners, Sue and Kent, have treated me with the warmth of family, and with the care and service you would offer a most esteemed visitor. Breakfast was always tasty and abundant. I stayed in both the Legends room and the cabin. For me, the highlight of the trips was spending time with their sweet and gentle horses, who offer trail rides through the adjacent beautiful state forest, as well as wagon rides, and even sleigh rides in winter.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I found this Lodge homey, and comfortable. Clean and neat, and the western decor was so fitting. I found the rooms to be clean. The beds to be as comfortable as could be expected. Keep in mind this is an equestrian facility, so there may be dirt in the entry way from coming from the stables, or from guests not taking off their boots. I wasn't expecting to eat off the floors. Sue and Kent are lovely hosts and made us feel right at home. If you take your own horse (as we did) the paddock fencing is a bit lax. But if your horse is quiet, shouldn't be a problem. The trails are sandy and the scenery is awesome. I'm looking forward to going back again next year.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms seemed quieter because you were away from guests coming in and out. And, you were...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Dianne S
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We stayed here towards the end of our holiday so that we could take another ride. Our Hosts were extremely welcoming and friendly and basically treat you as part of the family. Guests rooms are mostly downstairs where there is a comfortable lounge but you are also welcome to use upstairs. The kitchen was a little unorganised and not the cleanest I had seen but everywhere else was spotless.
The Ranch has a number of horses and small animals and you can go down and spend time down there. When we visited it was holiday weekend and the ranch had cart rides for local children which was a nice touch and which we partook. We did a two hour picnic ride on our second day expecting a few sandwiches we were suprised when half way through out ride we were met in a clearing by sue with table chairs, tablecloth and flowers and a lovely meal of chicken, potatos and salad. Sue had even brough an step for me to get on and off the horse knowing I had arthritis!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sm0se

Been to Outback Lodge and Stables? Share your experiences!