“Hot lunch with a warm smile” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wheeler's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 19 Restaurants in Standish
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
New England
“Hot lunch with a warm smile”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

We had been on the highway for several hours and began looking for a lunch stop. We hit the GPS and Wheeler's Restaurant popped up. It was a few miles from the interstate but worth the ride. Cozy with original booths and fixtures from decades ago. Big salad bar with what I believe to be homemade soups. It's not a fancy place but the locals go there for a reason.

• Visited May 2013

West Branch, Michigan
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The salad and soup bar is excellent. Make sure you get this even if you don't want it. The fish is also another one of my favorites to get there.

Visited May 2013
Flint, Michigan
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We were looking for a place to stop for dinner on our trip home. Thanks to Trip Advisor we found this restaurant. Prices were very good on everything. My daughter got to order pancakes for dinner and got a huge Mickey Mouse pancake which she loved. I was slightly disappointed that the burger seemed to be a preformed patty, but it still tasted very good. My husband got the fish and he got 3 (or maybe 4?) huge pieces and it was excellent. He also had the salad bar and said the chicken noodle soup was amazing. Good service, food came out fresh and hot. There was one small glitch in our order, and the waitress quickly offered to give a discount on the bill. Loved all the old photos and memorabilia on the walls. My daughter thought the chalkboards in the bathrooms were crazy but she loved drawing on them :) Definitely will be back the next time we happen to be in the area.

• Visited February 2013
Saginaw, Michigan
“Mom and pop type restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I love mom and pop type restaurant's, they usually have some of the best food and Wheeler's Restaurant is no different. I was riding around Standish and had never been to Wheeler's, I was looking for restaurant's nearby on my GPS and decided to give this place a try. It looks like an old Knights of Columbus hall from the outside, you walk in the doors and it's an older place you can tell but what I liked is I sat right down and the waitress was right on top of things and got my order in. I had the fish and chips with the salad bar, they bring you three large pieces of fish, I got my order with hashbrowns and it was awesome. The salad bar has the typical features for a salad bar. I really liked the food though, I could tell there was something special about this place.

I always love trying out places that I have never been to before, when I'm in the Standish area I will make a trip back to Wheeler's Restaurant. Thank you for everything.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Omer, MI
“Decent food, good service, not what you'd expect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Seems like a little, old, mom & pop bar/restaurant. Almost a dive. But the food is very good, the portions are large, the prices are good, and the service is always friendly. And isn't that what you want from a neighborhood dive?

Visited December 2012