Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Rodeway Inn(Grand Haven)
$70
$73
Travelocity
Best Western Beacon Inn(Grand Haven)(Great Value!)
$108
BestWestern.com
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
$269
$82
$60
Belaire Motel(Muskegon)
$72
All reviewsoutdoor poolgrand havenroom was cleannice walkingonsite restaurantparking lotfirst floorlounge chairsview of the riverhotel restaurantmini vacationgrand riverfront desk staffbusiness centeroverlooking the waterhotel is greatnice place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I had a great time at the hotel, did an overnight. The complimentary breakfast was awesome. My friends joined too for the overnight stay at the hotel. They loved it too. The lunch was great overlooking the lake, had shrimps and a club sandwich. I recommend this place to anyone. Looking forward to it again. The rooms were clean and enjoyed the free internet too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lake were great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your time spent with us along with your friends. Our award winning restaurant, Jack’s, is located on the Grand River providing a fantastic view to enjoy while having breakfast, lunch, or dinner. We truly hope you are able to visit us again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

Clean andconfortable hotel with kind management. We had a large room wih balcony overlooking the lake. As most of Holiday Inns, it is a bit far from downtown, but if you have to make a stop during a long travel, it is the right place to be.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us. Our hotel is in a prime location located just one mile from the downtown Grand Haven area and less than 5 minutes from Lake Michigan. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope you will continue to choose Holiday Inn for your future travel needs! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I hadn't stayed at the Spring Lake Holiday Inn in years, because it used to be a pretty crummy hotel. I read on Trip Advisor that they had renovated, so I decided to give the place another try.

While the lobby looks much better than it used to, I still saw - immediately upon entering - a hallway cluttered with folded up tables and what looked like junk. It was there at 3PM when I checked in, and was still there late at night when I returned from my evening activities.

My experience with the staff a just OK. I asked for a room overlooking the river, and was given a room overlooking a large maintenance building. When I called down to the front desk to see about a different room, I was told they were booked solid and they didn't have any other rooms - even though there was absolutely NOBODY in the parking lot and it was a Friday afternoon, so the weekend guests had not even checked in yet. There is no ice machine on the 2nd floor, so you have to go up or down to get ice.

On Friday and Saturday they have live music in the bar downstairs. This is great if you want a hotel with a bar and live music. It is not great if you want to SLEEP and you can hear the live music all over the hotel until 1 AM. Also, there are railroad tracks that run by the hotel, so you will hear trains at night. Bring ear plugs.

While this hotel is better than the hotels in Grand Haven, if you go a few miles up U.S. 31 to Muskegon (and I mean just a few miles) there are some newer Hampton Inns and other chains with nice acommodations near a mall and lots of restaurants. Next time I will be doing that.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor overlooking the river. Otherwise you will overlook a highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I wanted to apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay with us. I also understand that your time is valuable and that you deserve a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I have spoken with the front desk and maintenance departments to ensure that these issues do not occur again. I am very sorry to hear that you were disrupted by the band noise. We do try to inform every guest of the band that plays here and I apologize that you were not told about this at check-in. To better address your concerns with your recent stay, please contact me directly at the hotel. Unfortunately we cannot change the circumstances of your past visit but we are open to discussions for a mutual resolution and hope that you will choose our property for another future event.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was everything you would expect from a stay at a Holiday Inn. Staff was friendly, room was clean and ready when we got there, hotel nicely updated, and most importantly we were able to take our dog. I have never taken my pet to a hotel and was not quite sure what to expect. Our room was on the first floor with a sliding glass door leading right out to where we needed to take him. He was even able to look out the glass door while we were gone. It was perfect! We were happy, our dog was happy, and it made for a great trip!! Also the view was beautiful being it was right on the water!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your furry friend during your stay with us! Our pet rooms are located in a prime location to accommodate all of your four-legged family member needs. Our staff will be happy to hear your kind words and they will be passed along to each department. We truly hope you are able to visit us again soon and try out our brand new pet package which includes some goodies for your pet so they can really feel like they are at home!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at this property in the past. It never disappoints and having the restaurant on site is especially nice given we are always in the area to see friends. This stay, however, our connection to the WiFi was VERY frustrating. We could not hold a connection on any of our devices -- 2 iPhones, iPad, computer. Just as soon as we logged on, the wireless connection would pop off and we had to log back on. I did report it to the front desk but nothing changed and I did report it again at checkout. I had a bit of work to do on my computer and once I got on and kept going I was fine, but if I stopped for as long as 5 minutes I'd have to log in again. For the rate we paid for a two-night stay that was a problem we should not have had.

Room Tip: Always ask for a river view, not a parking lot view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. We understand your time is valuable and that you deserve a comfortable and enjoyable stay. To better address your concerns with your recent stay could you please contact me directly at the hotel. Unfortunately we cannot change the circumstances of your past visit but we are open to discussions for a mutual resolution and hope that you will choose our property for another future event.