Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake
Rodeway Inn(Grand Haven)
$65
RodewayInn
$99
Best Western Beacon Inn(Grand Haven)(Great Value!)
$90
Fairfield Inn & Suites Muskegon Norton Shores(Muskegon)(Great Value!)
$114
$169
$90
$70
Belaire Motel(Muskegon)
$125
All reviewsoutdoor poolgrand havenroom was cleannice walkingonsite restaurantparking lotfirst floorlounge chairsview of the riverhotel restaurantmini vacationgrand riverfront desk staffbusiness centeroverlooking the waterhotel is greatnice place to stay
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I hadn't stayed at the Spring Lake Holiday Inn in years, because it used to be a pretty crummy hotel. I read on Trip Advisor that they had renovated, so I decided to give the place another try.

While the lobby looks much better than it used to, I still saw - immediately upon entering - a hallway cluttered with folded up tables and what looked like junk. It was there at 3PM when I checked in, and was still there late at night when I returned from my evening activities.

My experience with the staff a just OK. I asked for a room overlooking the river, and was given a room overlooking a large maintenance building. When I called down to the front desk to see about a different room, I was told they were booked solid and they didn't have any other rooms - even though there was absolutely NOBODY in the parking lot and it was a Friday afternoon, so the weekend guests had not even checked in yet. There is no ice machine on the 2nd floor, so you have to go up or down to get ice.

On Friday and Saturday they have live music in the bar downstairs. This is great if you want a hotel with a bar and live music. It is not great if you want to SLEEP and you can hear the live music all over the hotel until 1 AM. Also, there are railroad tracks that run by the hotel, so you will hear trains at night. Bring ear plugs.

While this hotel is better than the hotels in Grand Haven, if you go a few miles up U.S. 31 to Muskegon (and I mean just a few miles) there are some newer Hampton Inns and other chains with nice acommodations near a mall and lots of restaurants. Next time I will be doing that.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor overlooking the river. Otherwise you will overlook a highway.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I wanted to apologize for any issues that occurred during your stay with us. I also understand that your time is valuable and that you deserve a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I have spoken with the front desk and maintenance departments to ensure that these issues do not occur again. I am very sorry to hear that you were disrupted by the band noise. We do try to inform every guest of the band that plays here and I apologize that you were not told about this at check-in. To better address your concerns with your recent stay, please contact me directly at the hotel. Unfortunately we cannot change the circumstances of your past visit but we are open to discussions for a mutual resolution and hope that you will choose our property for another future event.

Again, thank you for sharing your comments with us and I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

It was everything you would expect from a stay at a Holiday Inn. Staff was friendly, room was clean and ready when we got there, hotel nicely updated, and most importantly we were able to take our dog. I have never taken my pet to a hotel and was not quite sure what to expect. Our room was on the first floor with a sliding glass door leading right out to where we needed to take him. He was even able to look out the glass door while we were gone. It was perfect! We were happy, our dog was happy, and it made for a great trip!! Also the view was beautiful being it was right on the water!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear that we were able to accommodate you and your furry friend during your stay with us! Our pet rooms are located in a prime location to accommodate all of your four-legged family member needs. Our staff will be happy to hear your kind words and they will be passed along to each department. We truly hope you are able to visit us again soon and try out our brand new pet package which includes some goodies for your pet so they can really feel like they are at home!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We have stayed at this property in the past. It never disappoints and having the restaurant on site is especially nice given we are always in the area to see friends. This stay, however, our connection to the WiFi was VERY frustrating. We could not hold a connection on any of our devices -- 2 iPhones, iPad, computer. Just as soon as we logged on, the wireless connection would pop off and we had to log back on. I did report it to the front desk but nothing changed and I did report it again at checkout. I had a bit of work to do on my computer and once I got on and kept going I was fine, but if I stopped for as long as 5 minutes I'd have to log in again. For the rate we paid for a two-night stay that was a problem we should not have had.

Room Tip: Always ask for a river view, not a parking lot view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I sincerely apologize for the issues that occurred during your stay with us. We understand your time is valuable and that you deserve a comfortable and enjoyable stay. To better address your concerns with your recent stay could you please contact me directly at the hotel. Unfortunately we cannot change the circumstances of your past visit but we are open to discussions for a mutual resolution and hope that you will choose our property for another future event.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for a 2-night trip to Grand Haven area. They had kept the outdoor pool open because the weather was warm. Very nice and clean indoor and outdoor pools. Room was very quiet even though a noisy wedding party was in a large part of the hotel. Dinner in the hotel restaurant was just fine, and wait staff attentive. They honestly state that the workout room is not a complete one, but what they have looked very clean. My mom had placed a bid on 2 nights in this hotel at a silent auction, which is how we got there. We were very satisfied with our stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SJK48237
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time spent with us and all of the amenities we offer at our hotel including our award winning restaurant, Jack’s, our indoor and outdoor pools, and our fitness center. Although our fitness center is smaller, it provides a beautiful view of the Grand River and passing boats. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff and want to thank you again for taking the time to leave us your comments. We hope that you are able to visit us again soon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 19, 2013

First time ever staying here with all my years going to the Grand Haven area. Was a nice hotel! Looks like fairly new rooms, nice size beds were comfortable. Had a real good restaurant in the hotel Jack's. There is an outside bar near the pool, you can sit out there and see all the boat parked around the hotel and the inlet to Spring Lake. I would make you think you were at some nice resort beach not Spring Lake, MI. Beds were comfortable, next time back in the area I will look at staying here again.

Room Tip: If you are facing the water or pool, if during the summer could get a bit noisy at night but it does not goo too late. For the tradeoff, get room looking that way.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sixdrumin1
HolidayInnGHSL, Director of Rooms at Holiday Inn Grand Haven - Spring Lake, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your comments! We are so glad to hear that you were able to enjoy your time spent with us along with your friends. Our award winning restaurant, Jack’s, is located on the Grand River providing a fantastic view to enjoy while having breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Fall is the perfect time to relax by the Tiki Bar, weather permitting, and watch the boats sail by. Our offered amenities, including our indoor and outdoor pool, make your stay into a one-stop, unforgettable experience! We truly hope you are able to visit us again soon!