“Not a fan”

Village Baker
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Spring Lake
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: The Village Baker opened July 2011 with Sara Rathbun & Oran Rankin serving locally sourced homemade food. Our founders wanted to create an eclectic atmosphere that would bring our community together through delectable dishes and casual dining. Since then, our chefs have been serving both quality interpretations of classic dishes and new ventures into the uncharted territories of food. The Village Baker's interior, filled with second hand and hip sensibilities, was pieced together by Sara herself and reflects the beautiful and romantic style of our surrounding area. The restaurant offers choices of comforting custom pizzas, perfectly unique bread options, and memorable sandwich combinations. Spanning across menus that delve into breakfast, lunch, and dinner, you'll be sure to find exactly what you were looking for in a small town restaurant.
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was really excited about getting a bakery back in town, but this has been a let down. I know it has gotten some favorable reviews, many from my friends, but I just can't back them. I've been here a few times. The breakfast sandwich I had was pretty good. The cookies were awful. No donuts. Not a bakery for a small Midwest town.

2  Thank Napaba

Reviewed February 10, 2013

2/10/13 @ 10 am, 1st time for breakfast at the Village Baker, we were seated and greeted immediately. Started out with a Health Muffin, which was amazing.The coffee was the best in the tri cities. My wife had the Baked French Toast which was amazing. I had the Biscuits & Gravy, wow it was the best I've ever had. The best breakfast spot in the Tri-Cities. We'll be back, Often!

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Food is second to none. Don't ask just go!!!! Everything from pizza and cookies to quiche and chocolate mousse. Something for everyone!

Oh yeah... Bread is great too. Fresh pretzels are to die for!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Creative and innovative menu offerings make the Village Baker a great choice for breakfast or lunch! We grabbed a breakfast sandwich on our way through Spring Lake and it was great (and ample enough to share). Fresh brewed iced tea with a shot of lavendar syrup - delightful!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food, atmosphere, and staff are all wonderful!! The variety of breads, baked goods, cheeses, milks, soups, sandwiches, beverages are surprising for such a cozy place.