All reviews chop house hot buffet breakfast older hotel huge pool an on site restaurant hallway carpet large refrigerator lovely property full service hotel volleyball tournament public areas hotel breakfast bar and grill shower head quiet room pleasant stay beds were comfortable
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We had a great stay at your hotel. the staff couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. Your restaurant was fabulous. The seafood buffet was wonderful and your breakfasts were more than sufficient. We ran into a number of employees that we would like to commend . Claudia served us in the restaurant for breakfast, Sheila was a bartender doing double duty as a waitress in the restaurant for the evening meal. They were both wonderful and couldn't say enough nice things about working at such a wonderful place. Angie was a great help with reservations and room accommodations. We will certainly comeback to this hotel due to the wonderful service we received. Please let these three employees know how happy we were with their service.

Room Tip: first floor, right next to the door 3 to outside. Great room, no noise and easy reach to everything, the pool, front desk, courtyard, game room.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The staff was wonderfully helpful and friendly. The hotel has a beautiful courtyard and pool with tons to see and do in the area. Angie at the desk was very, very helpful and lots of fun to visit with. She went out of her way to make sure we had a pleasant stay. Sheila in the dining room was wonderful too and took time to visit a bit with us. Claudia in the dining room in the morning also went out of her way to be friendly and helpful. It was a great trip, the staff made sure of that.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Every time I stay at this location i'm impressed with how great the staff is. Everyone is friendly and makes you feel so welcome. Katie and Alexis always remember me at the front desk and always offer a warm welcome as I walk in the front door. Mike and Megan did a great job in the bar. As always, Mike was friendly and made my evening relaxing and enjoyable. Dinner was great! Food came out hot, fast and tasted wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here for one night when visiting the Henry Ford museum. I chose this hotel because they were close to the museum and the reviews on tripadvisor were helpful. We arrived on a Thursday around 5:30. Check in was easy and quick. This is a two story hotel and it is spread out quite a bit. The room we were given was a long, long way away from the pool, restaurant and lounge. The hallway carpeting looked in need of a good cleaning but the room itself was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean but we needed more soap and towels. We had requested a roll-away bed for our daughter. When it was delivered it was tied together with a plastic bag so I had to undo that to set up the bed. We went out to dinner at a nearby Olive Garden. There were several good restaurant choices within 10 minute drive or so from the hotel. We did not choose to eat in the hotel restaurant. I did, however, stop in for a quick look at the lounge during happy hour and sampled some of the free bar food - chicken wings and cheese and crackers. I didn't buy a drink so I got a not so pleased look from the barmaid. When we returned from dinner we went to the pool where our children swam for about an hour. The pool is huge and it stays open until 11:00 pm. It was a nice to be able to go there. Also, this is a non-smoking hotel but we saw people outside smoking quite a bit. While we were at the pool a couple went tot he door leading to the courtyard and stood in the open doorway while they both smoked. Big turn off. The beds were comfortable and we all slept well except that my daughter got a spider bite in the night. Also a big turn off. There was no exhaust fan in the bathroom. The tv was ok with a fair channel selection although we did not watch much. Our room overlooked the courtyard just outside the pool and it was probably the best view you could have in the hotel and one of the best we've had at any hotel. The hotel restaurant offered a buffet breakfast - I think a complimentary breakfast should have been included. I checked out the buffet in the morning and did not fell it was worth the asking price of $8.99 per person. We went to a nearby McDonalds instead. The checkout was easy and all in all this was a good value, just nothing really special. If we were to return to the area I would first look for a different hotel just to be somewhere different but if I could not find something suitable I would go back here.

Room Tip: Overlooking the courtyard outside of the pool is a good choice but you will probably have a long walk to get to the lobby, restaurant and lounge...but we felt the view was worth it.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed for a few days while visiting the area. Hotel is clean, but hallways rugs pretty dirty and room small, the staff is very friendly and nice, very attentive to ensuring your stay is OK, with the exception of the bartender she was on the opposite end of the spectrum. Breakfast staff is great and so friendly to start the day and very very attentive. The bar was dirty and sticky, the bartender was busy doing something else and we had to wait for her to serve us. Her lady friends then showed up and we were ignored while she socialized. THe beer was flat and when I told her she tasted it as wll and said it was, but did not close the tap and have it changed someone else probably got flat beer. I ordered bottle beer. I would not recommend going in her ofor a relaxing beverage. The rest of the hotel staff is very helpful and nice. I would stay here again and recommend it. I wish the room were a big larger but not much can be done about that.
Good place to stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family