$108
$119
Hampton.com
$150
$61
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate(Southgate)(Great Value!)
$106
$79
$65
$63
$67
$64
$60
All reviewschop househot buffet breakfasthuge poolan on site restaurantlarge refrigeratorlovely propertyolder hotelout of townersvolleyball tournamentfull service hotelfront counterpublic areashotel breakfastbar and grillshower headdecent sizewould stay here again
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Great customer service is always a priority. I travel to this area every month and have found Holiday Inn Southgate to be my best option. The rooms are always clean and the help is always courteous. Every month I stay there and really enjoy the bar, Club Charlie's, as entertainment for my employees. There is usually a live band, and usually pretty good, and the waitresses, namely Alex, are always great. They remember our names and normal drinks, as well as offering suggestions on new drinks to try. The girls at the front counter are always friendly, and are willing to share a genuine smile and laugh. Another added bonus is the exceptional breakfast buffet on the weekends. Overall, I really enjoy this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Kevin B,

Thank you so much for your return business. It great to hear the great service you continue to receive each time you stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. We greatly appericate your business and your feedback.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed here with my sister and niece for 2 nights while attending a funeral and the staff could not have been more helpful or nicer. The room was a very good room for this class of hotel/motel. We had a nice size fridge, microwave and coffeemaker in the room. They supplied us with some complimentary bottled water. I purchased the room as a name your own price on Priceline and had done it such that I was sure it would be between this and one other hotel I had checked reviews on. I am very glad I got this one. I called and found that I had gotten a King bed and asked to change to 2 beds. They said I would have to do that upon arrival if there was one available. When I arrived they had already taken care of that, There was an excellent HOT FULL breakfast which was complimentary on weekends and if you were a PriorityClub member during the week as well. It was free to join so we also had a free breakfast Monday. Live entertainment Sat night but not too loud-couldn't hear it in our room. Would definitely stay again! Beds were very comfortable too, which is a must for my back!

Room Tip: We had room 125 which was quiet and right in the middle of the hotel. Great location.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Latana H

Dear Latnana H,

Thank you for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. Sorry for the circumstance that brought you here, but so glad to hear that in your time of loss our hotel could make it easier. and comfortable. Thanks again fro your business.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

After staying at this location numerous times, I tried to check in today and pay cash for my room. I was informed that payment via credit card is MANDATORY -- no exceptions -- for a incremental "room deposit" (even if you had no plans to order room services, order a movie etc.). The robotic scripted speech about the policy was repeated over and over again by the check in clerk and "manager" until I left in sheer disgust. Last time you will ever see me or my family at a Holiday Inn location ever.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Scott U
Theresa H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2013

Dear Scott U,

Thank you for your comments about your experience on your last visit to the Holiday Inn, Southgate. I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced at our hotel and assure you that your review would most certainly be replied to. We take very seriously the confidence our guest place in us and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for bring this issuse to my attention.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times for the points. The building is aged and a bit dated. The price is acceptable for the area and near our office. Several local spots for dining and close enough to downtown Detroit for some exploring. The resturant has a good breakfast (free to club members), lounge is good with good appetizers. The airport is also relatively close by with a van service for some local transporation if you are not renting a car. Pool area is nice as well as exersize room (basic equipment). Parking is adequate and if you are a IHG member, free access to gym next door.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear Business 46,

Thank you for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. We greatly appreciate your business. We are glad to hear that the amenities we offer are of great use to you. We also appreicate your feedback about some of the areas you felt were dated. You'll be happy to know we will be doing some renovating in the very near furture. Thanks again for your feedback an your business.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

For over 15 yrs, even though we live locally, my husband & I have always had pleasant get-aways at the Holiday Inn Southgate. Subsequently, I recently chose this place for an overnight outing with 3 of my out-of-state sisters; anticipating a fun time. Initially, I had some concerns with the room but the staff went out of their way to address those concerns and I am very pleased with their response & resolution. Everyone was very pleasant and helpful & our stay was as much fun as I anticipated. Excellent pool, hot tub, dining & breakfast bar! This place remains a favorite place to stay!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are a closer walk to the pool and restaurant.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rita S.

Thank you for your resent stay at the Holiday Inn Southgate. So glad to hear girls night out was a sucess. We greatly appreciate your business. WE pride ourselves on giving our guest top notch service. We look forward to see you again the the furture. Thanks again for you business.