“Very Friendly Staff but food just average”

Charlie's Chop House
Ranked #37 of 96 Restaurants in Southgate
Clearwater, Florida
“Very Friendly Staff but food just average”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Ate dinner here two nights in a row while on business in the area. Each night I had the salad and soup bar that was not that bad. The first night I had a steak and it was tough and not very flavorful. The second night I had the philly cheesesteak and it was very over cooked and did not have very much cheese on it at all. The staff was vey friendly and helpful. The restaurant was clean. It would be a a great little restaurant at the hotel if they just put a little more attention into the food.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Mark0076

Toronto, Canada
“Nice Treat”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I arrived at the hotel tired - to be honest i was too lazy to find a restaurant. So i decided to eat at the hotel. I was greeted by a very cheerful host. My waiter was Josh. Josh was a very nice young man who was very enthusiastic about his job - and very passionate about his recent wine class. We had a lovely discussion about wine. josh's service was awesome - thank you! The host ? or manager dont know and i forgot to ask her name - sorry - came over and we discussed what new wines they were getting in. All staff appeared to like their job. The food was good. I had the steak and asked for medium rare and i GOT medium rare - the scalloped potatoes were to die for - all around a great job for dinner. I also had the breakfast buffet. Typical breakfast buffet - tasty but luke warm - although i didnt starve!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank pamelakmeyer
Limassol, Cyprus
“Excellent”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What an enjoyable meal we had in this restaurant , the price was what we expected to pay in a Hotel restaurant , little higher than average , but well worth it , the salad and soup starter from a buffet table was so good , all cooked on site from scratch I think , as much as we wanted to have , and then our main course served at the table by such a pleasant genuine waiter called Josh ,who was eager to please without being there every second bothering us , I had a pasta dish served with fresh prawns in a very tasty sauce , and my husband had a very large portion of a Chicken Cordon Bleu , served with potatoes and fresh veg. really this was an excellent meal and service , well done to all the staff in this place , we were only there in Michigan for one night so we didnt have the chance to go again , but if I ever get back there I will certainly go and enjoy another meal at Charlies Chop House at the Holiday Inn.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Alison W
California
“Can You Say Healthy Entree? Not!”
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I didn't want to go off property for dinner, but wished I had. Service was annoying, kept asking me what "we" had decided and I was by myself. Nothing healthy on the menu, it was either fried or breaded and fried. Salad bar was sad. Wilted iceberg lettuce, limited selection of add-ons, no soup bowls or spoons for the soup. Food was mediocre at best.

Visited December 2013
Hudson, United States
“The appetizers were the best. 5-7 happy hour”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

The managers toast was nice with some appetizers once a week. The swimming Pool was huge and hot tub was so nice after a long day.

Visited September 2013