“Excellent”

Charlie's Chop House
Ranked #24 of 97 Restaurants in Southgate
Reviewed January 12, 2014

What an enjoyable meal we had in this restaurant , the price was what we expected to pay in a Hotel restaurant , little higher than average , but well worth it , the salad and soup starter from a buffet table was so good , all cooked on site from scratch I think , as much as we wanted to have , and then our main course served at the table by such a pleasant genuine waiter called Josh ,who was eager to please without being there every second bothering us , I had a pasta dish served with fresh prawns in a very tasty sauce , and my husband had a very large portion of a Chicken Cordon Bleu , served with potatoes and fresh veg. really this was an excellent meal and service , well done to all the staff in this place , we were only there in Michigan for one night so we didnt have the chance to go again , but if I ever get back there I will certainly go and enjoy another meal at Charlies Chop House at the Holiday Inn.

3  Thank Alison W

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I didn't want to go off property for dinner, but wished I had. Service was annoying, kept asking me what "we" had decided and I was by myself. Nothing healthy on the menu, it was either fried or breaded and fried. Salad bar was sad. Wilted iceberg lettuce, limited selection of add-ons, no soup bowls or spoons for the soup. Food was mediocre at best.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

The managers toast was nice with some appetizers once a week. The swimming Pool was huge and hot tub was so nice after a long day.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Steak sandwich are awesome, service was fast and excellent. Would eat here again. Breakfast was great too.

1  Thank Ben B
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Best Prime Rib dinner with all the "fixins" I've had in a long time. Breakfast bar had tasty and lots of selections.