“Addictive food and an excellent time at Olive Garden, Southgate Eureka.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Olive Garden

Olive Garden
Ranked #8 of 95 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Italian, Delicatessen
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Kids
“Addictive food and an excellent time at Olive Garden, Southgate Eureka.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Downriver has slowly been going down. I feel Detroit is expanding to all surrounding areas, and restaurant's food quality has degraded in most cases with it.
But Olive Garden has great food innovation. And don't doubt that for a second. I have been dining in some of the best-kept restaurant's around here, for many years now, and I must say it's quite a venture.

Darden, the parent company has many of the country's best, even new restaurants sprouting like mushrooms in a lush valley. And for those of you searching for a culinary experience like no other, look no further than here.

The restaurant is located on a rather unassuming street, and it's on a cross street; that's quite easy to miss- in a hurry. However, the restaurant has beautiful landscaping; and the interior will remind visitors of an Italian get a way, Cast Away-esque Tuscan paradise. The decor allows the simplistic beauty of the food to really shine, though beauty isn't the only thing bringing us around. The restaurant is buzzed with excited energy and was comfortably full with seemingly satisfied patrons.

Every meal is a three course delight, starting with soup or salad/breadsticks, then entree.. I always get dessert. I love the chicken gnocchi soup. I decided to go with their braised beef tortellini, braised beef with cheese filled tortellini's, accompanied by exquisitely rich, creamy and flavorful sauce. Then for dessert I chose tiramisu; a well balanced piece of cocoa powder covered mascarpone.... the richness of the sinful espresso soaked lady fingers contributed to that very balance.

There's no doubt a table at Olive Garden will quickly become the one of hottest reservations in the downriver area.

1 Thank Ashton A

Windsor, Canada
“Always worth the trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

We travel to the US about twice a month. Olive Garden is one of our favourites. I can honestly say I have never had a negative experience. The food is always delicious, the service is always prompt and friendly. I wish we still had an Olive Garden near where we live, but it is worth the trip across the border. Always excellent!

• Visited April 2014
Plattsville, ON
“Wonderful OG experience...as usual!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My husband as I were looking forward to this meal for a few weeks leading up to our trip (since we only get to eat at the OG when we visit the USA on vacation)...it did not disappoint. We were there on a Saturday evening and did not wait long. Our server, Justin, was wonderful and attentive. The breadsticks and salad were awesome as per usual and our meals were great. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and we were seated in a nice little side nook with only a few tables so it really felt nice. We saved room for dessert...don't ask me how...and it was delicious too!! We are always impressed how we can enjoy a full meal of this caliber in such a nice restaurant for so much less than something comparable would cost at home. The Olive Garden is more than just supper to us, it is an experience...and it is usually a great one. Thank you.

Visited June 2014
Collingwood, Canada
“Good Food and Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

We had a wonderful meal here. As we don't have OG in Canada anymore it is a nice treat! As always the salad and bread sticks are top notch! Was a great meal at the end of a great day!

Visited July 2013
“No mi gusto!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were disappointed that a couple who clearly arrived after us were seated before we were. Then, our waitress came over & immediately we noticed how very loud she was as she greeted us. Almost as if she had to scream at us.

She apologized for the long wait we had just for the salad and soup. At that point she asked if my boyfriend wanted a refill and he said, "yes." When our dinner arrived he was still waiting on a refill. We also requested hot breadsticks with our dinner because the ones she served us with the soup & salad were cold when they arrived.

Halfway through our dinner she came back to check on us and I had to remind her we were still waiting on the breadsticks & refill. I asked if she could just bring us boxes & the bill. She apologized profusely and returned with the bill, boxes & a to-go drink. We took the rest of our meal to go. He still tipped her 15% but we normally always tip at least 20% even 25% for good service.

It was not the Sunday evening dinner we were hoping to enjoy after a long day.

• Visited June 2014