“Great little dinet”

Add it.
Southgate Grill Family Dining
Ranked #26 of 97 Restaurants in Southgate
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We are at the grill at least once a week. Breakfast is always delicious and fresh. The chicken pastina soup is my favorite. A very friendly staff, they're always welcoming. Great food and very reasonable prices.

There are newer reviews for Southgate Grill Family Dining

Reviewed February 11, 2014

This place has the absolute worst logo / sign in history. It says FAMILY DINING really big, so that's good, but you'd be hard pressed to see 'Southgate Grill' on it. (Also I think it says 'FOOD' across the logo with some leafs overlapping the words so you can't really see them)

Anyway, it's mostly typical diner food. Breakfast is served all day (and night too), which I like. I got an Mexican omelet which I requested with their special homemade chilli (as opposed to the coney chilly) and it was very good. I would recommend the homemade chilli if they have it (waitress said it's only made a few times a year?!). They do a homefries as opposed to a hash browns which I thought was nice.

A friend with me got a club sandwich and the turkey is lunch meat style. She felt it wasn't real high quality turkey. Another friend got some wrap thing I can't recall and really enjoyed it. He said it was above average.

Portion sizes were large.

The place seemed clean and the staff was friendly (although in a 'small town' kinda quirky way - which I thought was nice).

In case you're trying to find it and can't because of the aforementioned terrible sign, it's in what used to be MOE'S.

The real problem for me is that the area is just so saturated with coney islands. I feel like for me to want to go back, it's got to have something extra or special, and while there was nothing wrong with Southgate Grill (food) Family Dining, it lacked that special element to set it apart fro fthe rest.

1  Thank lousms