“Not for handicapped!”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not for handicapped!”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Fell in men's room. Pounded on walls no one came to help. Spoke with two (unifentified employees) with NO help or empathy at all. A complaint will follow with State of Michigan for lack of pull bars and broken toilet seats in men's room! Not a good experience.
Food very poor!

1 Thank Frsnj

Metro-Detroit, Michigan
“Authentic Hungarian Food”
Reviewed July 14, 2012

The restaurant was very clean, and the waitstaff were very nice, friendly, and helpful. The food seemed authentic and good, and our guests who are of Hungarian descent agreed. We ordered 4 different entree's with 4 additional empty plates so we could all sample different foods. The waitress was very accomodating with our request. I heard the comment "just like mom used to make" quite a few times. I would say this is a great family style restaurant for this style of food. Could use some updating with the decorating, even though very clean, I get the feeling it has looked the same way for quite awhile (seemed a little dated), although this was my first visit. I would recommend this restaurant for the food and service, if Hungarian food is what you are craving. This restaurant came highly recommended from a friend.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Sugar_and_Spicey
maumee, oh
“A Hidden Gem”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The sign says only "Rhapsody" and the location, about a mile off I 75 doesn't stand out. Once inside, the look is traditional, 1960, quality, clean, fresh with a great kitchen, authentic food and several dishes done about as well as anywhere imaginable.

Prices are moderate, service perfect. They don't to stroganoff ever day, something worth calling about.

It is that good.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank gpduf
detroit
“Superb Eastern European comfort food”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

I got a CBS Local Offers deal on this place, $25 for $50 worth of food and drink. After a long hard week of work my wife and I went last Friday. This restaurant is unremarkable from the outside, essentially a streetside box, but we were instantly charmed by the interior, dominated by hand-painted Hungarian dolls and hand-stitched Hungarian embroidery. Our waiter was terrific. We ordered the Hungarian combination plate -- wonderful moist white meat chicken paprikas on a bed of spaetzele (the Hungarians call it something else, I forget the name) with mild paprikas sauce, a completely delectable stuffed cabbage, and a bad for you but oh so good breaded pork chop, on a bed of mashed potatoes (and strangely, about six string beans). The aroma of the food is just heavenly. We also had the house salad, and the table comes with a bread bowl; both totally forgettable. The star here is the Hungarian food. We also enjoyed a carafe of the house red, lovely, soft, fruity. And we splurged on dessert. My rum cake was merely OK, my wife's cottage cheese torte was heavenly. Again, here, stick to the ethnic stuff. Total bill for two with wine and dessert, $65 (though we got $25 off that because of the aforementioned Groupon-style discount). Totally, enthusiastically recommend.

• Visited March 2012
Belle River
“Go Hungary”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This is a nice restaurant with pleasant staff and nice decor. The specials that 3 people ordered were very good. I ordered the chicken paprikas and found the chicken to be a bit dry and the sauce did not have much taste. The dumplings were good. We were all way too full to order dessert, but the dessert tray looked interesting. We might give this restaurant another try.

• Visited February 2012