“Decent meal but great service”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #53 of 96 Restaurants in Southgate
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
lincoln park, mi
“Decent meal but great service”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We recently went to Ouback, this was one of many visits. I must say this is a popular spot. We got there about an hour after it opened on a Friday and by the time we left, it was standing room only to wait for a table. The coconut shrimp were fair, lots of breading and small shrimp. The chopped blue cheese salad with candied pecans and house dressing is outstanding. We both got the sirloin special with 2 sides. My sirloin was a really bad cut and was terrible. I couldn't even chew it and it was medium rare. I rarely send food back, but this was inedible. The manager came to our table and said she would take care of it. I was brought an entire entree with potato side which was just fine. They also took the charge off of our bill. A very nice touch I thought for our inconvenience. I really didn't feel that it was their fault that I just got a bad cut of the sirloin. We will return for a reasonably priced steak dinner but skip the shrimp entree.

• Visited January 2013

Southgate, Michigan
“left”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

The service was terrible. One employee was a getting a Tarot (sorry about the spelling) card reading. We waited for over 10mins for anyone to come to our table to greet us. The food was way overpriced for what you get so we left prior to ordering,

Visited November 2011
Allen Park, Michigan
“Maybe just a bad night”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

I probably just had that once in a while bad meal and experience but here is what happened. Arrive during dinner rush and it was busy busy. Finally seated at a very dirty table that obviously had only a quick wipe down. Waitress wad so busy she left the cleaning rag sitting in front me and walked away. Food finally made it out, steak and crab legs. Steak wad came so rare that when I showed the waitress she could only say tuck and took it back. Crab legs were cold and small with very little meat. Overall one of the worst meals I have had. Like I said maybe just a bad night for them so I will not say don't go. Just my nights experience.

1 Thank flatfoot1067
Northeastern Ohio
“Excellent service and wonderful food!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I ate at this location on a recent vacation. We ordered a blooming onion for our appetizer and placed our order for our dinner. After nearly 20 minutes we flagged our waitress and inquired about the status of our appetizer. She went to the kitchen and found that another server had taken the onion to another customer. A few minutes later the manager came to our table, apologized for the mistake and told us that the appetizer was on the house. The rest of the meal was very pleasant with great food and our waitress took care of any and every request. We will be sure to visit this Outback on a future vacation!

Visited August 2012
Lincoln Park, Michigan
“Never Disappointed!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My family and I always visit Outback Steakhouse locations when out of town or on vacation.
Outback Southgate is by far our favorite location.
We have never had a bad experience at this location. The staff is great and the food is always cooked just right!

• Visited August 2012