“Not bad for downriver”

Cuisines: Japanese
Southgate, Michigan
“Not bad for downriver”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Sushi Kami has decent sushi. A lot more value than a trendier spot on the same road. It isn't of the same caliber as you would find in Ann Arbor or the NW burbs, but a nice find in the land of chain restaurants that is downriver.

Visited January 2014

Detroit, Michigan
“Yum!”
Reviewed November 22, 2013

We've been to pretty much all of the sushi restaurants in the area. Sushi Kami has a great selection, fresh food and reasonable prices. My only criticism is that sometimes the service is slower that I'd like. Not a big deal, but still. Either way, it's become our first choice for sushi in the downriver area.

• Visited October 2013
“Yummy sushi!”
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I love this place for sushi. My boyfriend and I frequently visit with another couple. They're crazy roll is crazy delicious! They have pretty good service and I've yet to be unhappy with any of my food. Sushi can be pricey but I feel sushi kami is on par.

• Visited June 2013
Detroit, Michigan
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I'm not exactly a Sushi expert, but I've had a few rolls in my day. I was very impressed with the rolls at Sushi Kami.

The rice was not dried out at all, and the ingredients all tasted very fresh and vibrant. The cafe's atmosphere was casual but nice and appropriate.

Prices are typical of a sushi place, so know that it can add up to be more expensive then your typical dinning experience (if you have a big appetite like me). Rolls cost from $8 - $11 with some specialty rolls costing more. I found the rolls to be slightly larger than some other places I've had. They also have some 'giant rolls' that are quite large!

Their deep fried rolls are also quite delicious.

I will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Sushi Kami? Share your experiences!