“THE STAY WAS EXCLEENT”

Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
Reviewed September 9, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the motel 6 in southagte mi the room was excellent yhe staff was great and the outside heated pool was great next time we are in town we will stay at the motel 6 in southgate mi.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sam82475

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Honestly this place is horrible. There are two employees that actually do their job, while the rest are anti-social and don't do a [--] thing. They advertise free internet and cable but both of them always go out, and they don't fix it unless you do a good 3 days of complaining. Service stinks, there's bugs everywhere in the hotel and it's just overall a horrible place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2008

Pretty nice place overall. I did, however, have a couple complaints.

Starting with the good things:
-The staff was very friendly and efficient.
-The rooms were nicely appointed and had more amenities than other Motel 6's I have stayed in. I had a room with a King bed, and, I discovered after getting there, also had a large couch with a sofa-sleeper as well as an ironing board. It had all the amenities of a Comfort Inn or other more expensive hotel, but everything was a little more worn than it would be at a more expensive place.
-The bed was very comfortable.
-The room was very clean
-The pool was very nice, and very warm.

The only complaint I have is that my non-smoking room was located between two smoking rooms, and seems to have been a smoking room itself at one time. While I can tell it had been deodorized, some of the smell was still present. It wasn't as bad as some other hotels I've been in, and didn't bother me a whole lot, but, being a nonsmoking room I would have expected it to have no odor at all.

I'd probably go back because of how clean and comfortable it was, but I would try to get a different room that didn't smell of smoke.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo
1  Thank JD262
Reviewed March 5, 2008

Stayed at this hotel during the North American International Auto Show in January 2008. Arrived at the hotel at noon and was allowed to check in at that time (Most Motel 6's I have stayed at are pretty strict about checking in before "check in time" of 3pm)

Room was clean. Basic cable on the TV and unlike most Motel 6 locations I have been to it had in-room movies and video games.

This hotel used to be a Red Roof Inn (I could tell by the architecture) which was nice since although it isn't a newly constructed hotel it was nicer than the average 1970's era old Motel 6 locations.

I will be staying here again over Memorial Day weekend too. They earned a repeat customer!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank rtfagan
Reviewed September 25, 2006

I would recommand this hotel for the great services I recieved from the friendly staff. The beds were very comfortable and rooms included many amenities. The rooms were clean and smell great.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank florida617
A TripAdvisor Member
Glennie, MI
Reviewed April 26, 2006

This motel should be avoided at all costs. Our room was filty and had a bad smell. I complained to the manager and asked for a refund so we could leave, but she refused. Because I booked on the internet, they already had my credit card charged. Sleeping in your car is a better choice then this cesspool.

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, Michigan
Reviewed July 6, 2005

poor customer service....dirty filthy motel....customer beware

Stayed: July 2005
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#4 of 8 in Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area

Been to Motel 6 Detroit-Southgate? Share your experiences!