La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$94
$52
$56
$58
Red Roof
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanboiled eggsvisiting familybit wornbreakfast choicesfridge and microwavebasic hotelpower outagewould stay againthe breakfast areaking bedeasy accessconvenient locationnice staya great place to stayfree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Brownstown, Michigan, USA
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I can not commend the front desk staff (and the rest of the staff as well) at the Southgate, MI- LaQuinta hotel enough for their friendliness and helpfulness. The staff is one of the main reasons I return to this hotel as often as I do. They go above and beyond and out of their way to accommodate you. BEST staff I have ever encountered at any hotel. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel for your next stay. :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Middlesex, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed July 31, 2013

clean,comfortable and quiet room. Breakfast was awesome and we had a pet traveling with us and you did not charge extra every night for the extra "guest" and we did appreciate that. Would recommend to others and certainly would stay there again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, USAtgChank Luke
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was an excellent choice as we were visiting family for the long weekend and it was centrally located for what we wanted to do. The staff was friendly, the room was clean and they didn't charge extra for my dog. What a concept! No up charge for a dog! When will hotels understand that most people control their dogs just as they control their children! Ok, continental breakfast had good choices and if you didn't like those, fast food was a short walk or drive. I will stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had to return to the area from out of state for a three week stay so I got to know the hotel and staff fairly well. This hotel is good if you just looking for a decent place to sleep as there are no "extras." No pool, no fitness room, no lounge unless you want to hang out in the dark breakfast area. The majority of the staff were very friendly and helpful. Good location with several fast food places and large gas station within walking distance. The rooms are your typical set up - with the addition of a microwave and fridge. Bathroom is outdated. The room itself could have been a lot cleaner - there was a hair on the outside of the bathtub, a dusty windowsill, and the carpet had something dark and gooey stuck to it in two places when I checked in. The elevator was stinky and needed to be mopped. Breakfast consists of waffles, thawed muffins, toast, bagels, cereal, and yogurt. Overall, it is not a no-tell motel nor a Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My sister and I arrived early were given a room right away. The women at the front desk was friendly and quickly got us checked in. The rooms are a nice size. The rooms come with a microwave and fridge with can be useful. Unfortunately our fridge has been unplug I plugged it back in and as my sister went to place her medication in the fridge she noticed some mould. I let the front desk know that there was mould in the fridge. When we left on Wednesday the mould was still there. I also noticed a sock not one of ours between the mircowave/fridge and dresser that was still there when we checked out.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family