“Excellent stay!!”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent stay!!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel to attend the Detroit Tigers Baseball game, It is easy to get to off the highway. It was very well kept, good service and the breakfast was satisfying. We would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My father and I stayed here in a suite with separate rooms which was perfect for us. The beds were so comfortable and so was the fold out couch. It was 2 rooms connected with a center door so we each had our own space, bathroom, sink and shower. Perfect! No road noise which was great! It's an older hotel but everyone was very friendly. Across a small street is a fast stop with gas, wine and a great selection of goodies. The reason for my 3 stars! I left a $3. tip in my fathers room. Now the door in between was left open. It was for both rooms. Well my fathers room got trash emptied, coffee filter and coffee, and a fresh towel. I got none of the above. I didn't even get a 2nd clean towel! I thought the 2nd night, well maybe they simply for got my room. Nope...same thing the next day. I finally left a note and I did get it but then my fathers trash was over flowing and it wasn't emptied. Gesh...everyone was super friendly but they need new cleaning staff for sure. I can't in my right mind give them even a 4 and when looking at these other reviews, I can't help to think that they are possibly fraudulant and written by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This hotel offers a great value for the $. We were displaced from our home during some insurance work. Sandra and Wendy at the Front Desk were very helpful with billing issues during our stay. Although not a full service hotel it still provides clean rooms, friendly service, and is pet friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel is SUPER comfortable! Was nervous upon arrival because it is an older place. Check in was effortless...the room (there was four of us) was spacious enough and CLEAN! There was air conditioning that worked and the big screen tv worked and showed HD programming (if that's important). We were given complimentary Continental breakfast but never really got there in time for it but heard it was decent. For newbies to Taylor, MI, it wasn't too hard to find. We liked this hotel and would stay again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent place to stay. Easy to find. Rooms are large and well appointed. The wifi works. The tv gets all the channels it's supposed to. The parking lot will accommodate large vehicles. The staff is friendly and most helpful. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had seven guests with me and took up 4 rooms. All the rooms were clean - beds comfortable and the TV's - HDTV quality pictures. Rooms were comfortable size and desk representatives cheerful, helpful and quick to ask if you needed anything. A very pleasant stay for all of us.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
Hampton Inn Detroit / Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
#3 of 8 in Southgate
Holiday Inn Southgate - Heritage Center
Red Roof Inn Detroit Southwest-Taylor
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
Best Western Greenfield Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate? Share your experiences!