“Traveling with pet”

La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southgate
“Traveling with pet”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Needed to book a hotel that allowed our dog Oliver to stay with us. I was concerned, that we would be given a smelly room. I was pleasantly surprised as to how clean and fresh our room was. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 3, 2012

The picture doesn't do this place justice - it's a very conveniently located La Quinta with wonderful staff! We had a little bathroom issue shortly after our arrival and they took care of the situation promptly. We had a fridge and microwave and the usual EXCELLENT bed and pillows that La Quinta can be counted on for! The breakfast area in the hotel is very nice - roomy, clean and nicely furnished. Would stay here again if in the area - also close to several restaurants, a gas station/mini-mart right next door (sells everything you might need!!!).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here 2 other times for nearly a week each time. The staff is awesome. I left 2 jackets behind when I was here in June and when a realized it several weeks later, I called and the housekeeper had turned them in to lost and found and I got them when I returned in August.

As for the makeover, the carpet is in bad shape, chairs are stained, bathtub is cracked. I don't feel I can lay my luggage safely anywhere but the tables and they aren't that great. In other words, with all the advertising La Quinta is doing lately you'd think they would spend some of that money on upgrading.

Breakfast was pretty skimpy; out of yogurt, 1 boiled egg, few muffins. This was 45 minutes before breakfast was over.

Will I stay here again? I shouldn't until they renovate.....

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Northeastern Ohio
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel due to reservations through Hotwire. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with recommending local restaurants and shopping. The room and bathroom were very clean, but we were disappointed with the mattress--the hotel desperately needs to upgrade the mattresses. We tossed and turned all night trying to find a comfortable corner, but kept falling back into the well-worn ruts. As noted in recent reviews, the breakfast is rather limited. Also there are no computer facilities for hotel guests--we had to drive to a local library to print some dining and attraction coupons. I would consider returning to this location only if I knew the mattresses had been updated.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was so clean! The staff was so nice and greeted us everytime we came out of our room and always joked and laughed with us and helped us with our keys with no problems...

Our room was beautiful and very very clean.
For a hotel that accepts pets we thought it would stink or look dirty but we were so wrong it was so clean.

Breakfast was awesome and there was an entire assortment of things to eat. Milk juice hot chocolate coffee muffis make your own waffles bagels cream cheese cereals.

The only downside is if you needed anything for your room you were best getting it your self because the cleaning ladies always said they would bring you something but they never did and we were there for a month....

• Stayed July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

They were ready for us when we arrived. The staff already had my port-a-crib set up. They were also very knowledgable about the area and gave me directions to a gread park down the road for the kids. The breakfast wasnt great but there were waffles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Clean room and comfortable mattress. Bathroom was clean with no standing water when you showered, how refreshing!! We were up too late to have breakfast which ended at 9:00 and suggested 10:00 would be better. Internet was provided in the room at no extra cost, nice feature. Great location, excellent staff and reasonable prices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southgate
Comfort Suites Southgate
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southgate - Detroit Area
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Allen Park

Been to La Quinta Inn Detroit Southgate? Share your experiences!