“Back Home To Detroit - Southfield” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct and Save
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Back Home To Detroit - Southfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

The hotel was remodeled and looks spectacular. They continue to officer military discount rates. If you have a business, ask them for a discount. Their price for our three night and four day stay was economical for a family. Great places to eat and shop not too far away from the hotel. Easy to get to Downtown Detroit, to the Tiger and Lion gams, Fox Theatre, Joe Louis Arena, Cobo Hall, Greek Town by Wayne State University, Belle Isle Park, to the Detroit Metropolitan Airport, City of Troy, to take the tunnel to Canada then taking the Ambassador Bridge back to Detroit. Make sure you bring your passport to go into and from Canada. Canada is beautiful also. Enjoy your trip. Using Woodward Avenue as you inter city direct road will take you through many different cities, all the way down to and past the State Fair grounds during the summer. Enjoy Pure Michigan. There is more to Michigan than the eye can see. Stay additional days to see Michigan. Your in Pure Michigan. Enjoy.

Room Tip: We had the family suite which was great. Complete kitchen. No need to go to the ice machine because...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
CWSDTTSO, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Gregory

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Detroit Southfield. We are glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Southfield
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

All I got to say about this place is it charges too much nice hotel though only stayed four nights and was able to do my thing fast free Wi-Fi internet access with large desk that was awesome perfect location off of I-696.

Room Tip: Ask about charges and rates first before anything.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
Dear Adam

Thank you for choosing the Candlewood Suites Detroit Southfield. I do apologies that you thought our rates was to high. If you are in the area again please consider staying with us we possibly can work out a negotiated rate with you if you travel to this area frequent.

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Lansing, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I was in town on business and stayed in this Candlewood. I'm a Platinum member with IHG and had stayed in this hotel previously with minimal problems. This time, that was definitely not the case.
When I checked into the hotel late into the evening, I pulled back the sheets on my bed only to find hairs in the sheets. I brushed them off and still kept the room because it was late and I had an early morning. My second problem arose the next day. Upon my arrival the previous day the front desk clerk had assured me that I would have a 2pm checkout. However, knocks from housekeeping started at 12pm. At 12:30 a front desk clerk came banging on my door and when I opened it he was very rude and said "We had you leaving today." I explained that I had a 2pm checkout and he simply said "Oh, okay." and walked away, never apologizing once.
Overall, I am very dissatisfied with my stay and will definitely be reconsidering my accommodations next time I'm in Southfield.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank RLambright
Melissa C, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for being a Platinum Member with IHG Rewards. I would like to aplogise for the hair in your sheets as well as the front desk agent being rude. Both of these issues has been addressed. We welcome an opportunity to show you that the issues you encountered are not the standard for us here at Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield. Thank you for your feedback.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stay in the 1 in southfield, michigan for 1 week. The bathtub water going way too slow called front desk, the front desk say will get somebody to check never see any for 1 week. Housekeeping don't even give you tissue paper and only see housekeeping once. The cabinet door fall off called front desk and no one show up. Wrost then the 50 dollar motel I stayed. I thought a suite should be batter the a motel but I guess I expect too much from this suite.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear langi2k,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer service, the bathtub and housekeeping. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My stay at Candlewood Suites Southfield-Detroit was from August 30th till September 10, 2013. Everything about my stay was magnificent! The staff was on point about everything I needed, also friendly with a geniune greeting and smile! Not fake at all! A very CLEAN establishment! The Manager Kevin was very professional and attentive along with Brian who was the same! Talk about Hospitality at its best! KUDOS to the entire STAFF! I loved the suite I was in! Every time I walked into my suite it would always smell so good and fresh! Housekeeping was very accommodating to me. My bedding was tip top clean during my entire stay! The decorative furnishings and layout of my suite was like an exclusive apartment! Whoop! Whoop! LoL... When I had family/friends over they were impressed. The only thing they didn't have was a swimming pool & jacuzzi. But that was ok, because they made up for it with all the other amenities they have. The Gazebo with a beautiful Grill and utensils available upon request. Free laundry use and a "Cupboard Store" with a Honor System! "WOW!" Nice exercise room also. Free movies DVDs and VHS and Books to rent. I was visiting from Honolulu Hawaii and I would stay here again IN A HEART BEAT! My review rating for this particular Candlewood Suite Southfield-Detroit is a BIG FAT 100%! Aloha & Mahalo from the Hawaiian Islands! Until we meet again..... *Darryl Willis* $mile ;-)

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank darrylwillis
Melissa C, IHG Listening Champion at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I am so pleased to hear that your experience here at the Candlewood Suites Detroit-Southfield was such a great one! We strive to make sure every guest has a great experience and feels like we are their home away from home. Have a great day!
Dallas, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I am staying in this hotel right now. Believe me when I say that I would leave the hotel if had a chance to look for something else. For me the most important thing is cleanliness, especially when you are going to be in the same room for 4-5 months. Its been a month here, and what I have noticed is that they never vacuum the carpet, change sheets or wash clothes. Also, they never clean behind the door in the bathroom. My hair are always there. House keeping is absolutely HORRIBLE!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank AneriKansagara
I do sincerely apologize about the issues that you have encountered during your stay with us. I would love an opportunity to amend this with you. We have already spoken with our housekeeping team and going forward I believe we have resolved these issues. I am in the office Monday - Friday from 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. again I would love to be able to turn your experience around for the remainder of your stay.
Piscataway, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This hotel was not a clean place. It was suppose to be newly renovated. But our first room smell like smoke. So we had to move to another room. The second was a lot better. We got a great deal on the price. We came to Detroit for my cousin wedding. But we came a few days early so we could see family. The wedding was 45min north of Detroit and we stayed at another hotel. I will never stay there again. I recommend not staying at this hotel. We stayed here June 2010.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Donald T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Detroit, Southfield, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear Donald T,

We appreciate your feedback regarding our property.

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the shortcomings you had in your room and deeply regret that your experience was not ideal.

It is only through valuable feedback we receive from our valued customers that we would be in a position to know where we go wrong and rectify the circumstances or incidents, in order to ensure that we do not repeat the same in the future. We are hoping that you give us the pleasure of hosting your next stay.

Dhan M