Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield
$199
Westin.com
  • Pool
1,028 results
All reviewstwo room suitecomplimentary breakfasthockey tournamentomeletdetroit areahighway
Reviewed May 23, 2014

The front desk staff is probably one of the unfriendliest staffs I have dealt with when checking-in. When I arrived for check-in at 3:45pm, they had one person at the front desk. I was second in-line and it took about 5 minutes before the front desk agent was done with the first person. I did not get any kind of "we will be with you in a minute" or no apology for having to wait in-line. All I got was "are you checking-in." Check-in is at 3pm and after finally getting up to the desk to check-in at 3:50pm, I was told my room wasn't ready and it would be about 15 more minutes. I went back 20 minutes later and this time I was third in line. It took almost 15 minutes to make it to the front of the line to check-in. Again, no apology, nothing, just "are you checking-in." As far as the room itself, it is your typical Embassy Suites room. Breakfast was good. Nothing really right around the hotel for restaurants but within a few minutes driving, you have several choices. Checking-in is always one of your first impressions of a hotel and I was 100% not impressed and most likely will look at another hotel for my next trip to Detroit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Itsjustme47
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay.

If you could please contact me directly, I'd like to follow up with this even further to investigate when you checked in so the specific agent can receive additional training to improve this service.

I can be reached at anytime gail.major2@hilton.com or 248.350.7007.

Thank you again and I look forward to speaking with you,

Gail

Reviewed May 21, 2014

A one night stay at this Embassy Suites was not like the usual property I expect. The lobby area looks like it was redone recently. Seems to happen often, I was not recognized as a Hilton Honors Diamond member, nor given any of my member benefits. My room was in poor shape, including a rug in the bedroom, that was covering a hole in the carpet. At least I couldn't see the hole unless I pulled up the rug. Another strange thing was there was only 1 trash can in the entire room and it was in the bedroom. Breakfast was decent and the staff was friendly. I probably wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Good day and thank you for your feedback on your recent visit. As we truly appreciate all of our guests HHonors Diamond members are the elite travelers. I want to sincerely apologize that you were not recognized for your loyalty to Hilton or that you did not receive any of your benefits.

I can assure you the property is going through a number of changes incuding a full renovation that will beginning later this summer.

If you could please reach out to me with your contact information I would like to investigate this further on exactly how your reservation was handled so we can utilize this for a training scenario and correct the challenge.

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gail Major
Director of Sales & Marketing
gail.major2@hilton.com

Reviewed May 14, 2014

Don't go there for peace and quiet. Don't go there for cleanliness or a high level of maintenance. Don't go there for the free Happy Hour. DO NOT GO there for the POOL! The Fire Alarm was flashing for hours with no evacuation and no explanation. Food debris, trays, dishes sat in the hall for more than 24 hours with staff walking by ignoring it. Pool had more people than I've ever seen anywhere in my life. I assume due to the lack of control many were walk-ins. This is a $60/night hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank IDABLUE

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our cleaning team to ensure cleanliness and comfort are our first priority. I understand the condition of our pool area was of concern. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Gail
Director of Sales

Reviewed May 12, 2014

No hot water. No apology. No nothing. Just an attitude. A pipe burst. Too bad for you, guest. Better go somewhere else for a shower. Don't stay here, lot's of better places that deserve your business in the area. BTW, how do you think the hotel washed the dishes/glasses/utensils and other items for the 'free' breakfast?

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam R

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services and amenities you deserve. Thank you for your feedback regarding our water heaters. We know how important a hot shower is and your comments will help us to improve the situation. We hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

If there is anything that I can assist you with further please do not hesitate to contact me directly at gail.major2@hilton.com. We value your guest feedback and guest loyalty and want to be sure we address your challenge properly. I am pleased to say that our property will be going through and entire renovation beginning later this summer.

Gail Major
Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Upon arriving at the Embassy Suites Southfield, cars were blocking the entrance to check-in some without occupants, people unloading with roasting pans of food and beer which spilled out and smelling like beer. After waiting at least 5 minutes to check in, on the way to the room, children were running around the floor, the hallway carpet and curtains at room windows showed a lot of wear. Our room smelled of smoke and disinfectant as soon as we opened the door, the carpet was tattered and worn at the entrance, when we opened the cabinet to where the refrigerator was located, the door fell to the floor. We were told that renovation would be taking place soon. it is desperate need of complete renovation with new everything. The worse Embassy. We left for another Hilton property as we could not stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yvonne W

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your candor. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest suite appearance is an area we are actively examining. Refreshing these rooms is a priority as we work to make sure the smell does not bother any guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.