“ammenities ignored”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Traverse City, Michigan
“ammenities ignored”
Reviewed December 15, 2013

The pool area was dirty and the whirlpool not working. the fitness area was not clean the water cooler empty and the bacterial wipes dried out. the view out our window was the rooftop and had garbage like cig butts, plastic bag, old washcloth etc We liked the service, staff, complimentary breakfast and the evening reception but there was not an overall feeling of attention to orderliness or cleanliness to the other amenities.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank 811karen
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I do understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am actively working with our housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Gail Major

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location if you have business in the area, but it ends there. Tried to take a very old building and update it to a modern place. I tried to call to make sure they didn't cancel my reservation as I wasn't getting there till late and it took 3 calls with 8-10 rings before they picked up. I'm a gold member and should have gotten some water when I checked in, but nothing and nothing even in the room. Too late to complain, the next morning I wanted to get a late checkout and called on the room phone and same thing before tried twice and the phone rang 6-8 times and I just gave up. The bed was comfortable enough, the water faucet was loose. When I head back to this area, which I will be each month, I'm thinking of going to the hilton garden inn.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank hart277
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This hotel is not equipped to handle the antics of a hockey team. Yes they were kind enough to make arrangements for breakfast (which is fantastic) the staff that actually work it were not happy. They also felt no way about expressing it. If this building were to have a fire the chances are you would not get out safe as you can really only hear the alarm in the hotel hallways. And if you have a child you can be guaranteed they will blame the child ... even after 5 alarms, police, police dog and an extremely nasty fire marsall. The building and rooms are very nice. The 2 woman in the evening and 1 man in the morning at front desk were great but unfortunately they cannot make up for the remainder of the staff.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. I especially would like to express my concern regarding your comments about you feeling our hotel was not safe. I can assure you that our guests’ safety is our main priority and very much regret that you had a bad impression of us. I guarantee you that all of your comments will be internally discussed with our management team for immediate action.

Once again, I would like to genuinely apologize for the inconveniences that you went through during your stay. On behalf of the entire team, we thank you for your feedback and are truly sorry we did not succeed creating a memorable experience for you. Should you desire to discuss your visit in further detail, please feel free to contact me directly.

Gail M.

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Brampton, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Nice hotel for money. Many hockey teams bookings from local tournaments. Security treated guests like prisoners. Fire alarm activated three times. Minors running rampant and screaming all over. Nightly curfews in effect.

Toronto
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our stay at this hotel was terrible to say the least: - no heater in the pool (never fixed during our stay) - fire alarms going off and our hockey team being blamed (and embarrassed in front of other guests) - only to find out later it was one of the other guests (no apology provided) - no heat in the room - goldfish crackers and pretzels as "appetizers" for the evening reception - attitude from some of the staff

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The staff was abusive and threatened guests and their children. The pool didn't work the entire weekend. The fire alarms could not be heard. The lower level stairwell was locked, in a real fire we would have all died in the stairwell.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I am sincerely sorry if you found our staff to be abusive in any way. I can assure you that this is not consistent with our values of providing our guests with an exceptional service and would be more than happy to discuss this in further details with you. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our hotel. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Your business is very important to us and I sincerely hope that you give us another opportunity and consider returning again. In the meantime, if I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me. We are always listening to our guests!

Chicago, IL
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for three nights over Thanksgiving weekend. First of all, the hotel rooms are run down with filthy carpet. The hotel was filled with the rudest most obnoxious hockey families that I have ever encountered. These people pulled the fire alarm five or six times causing the hotel to be evacuated. It was not just the kids that were badly behaved. The adults were drinking beer and partying in the halls all night. We tripped over stacks of empty beer cans in the morning when we left our rooms. According to a hotel employee, this has happened before with hockey teams. We would have appreciated being told this when we made the reservation! This was a nightmare visit and we will never stay at this hotel again!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry if there were some of guests who were rowdy and disruptive. I especially would like to apologize that our staff did not resolve this issue promptly. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments. I hope you will not let this isolated incident detour you from staying with us in the future. I am confident that given the opportunity, your next stay with us will be a more pleasant one.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences you went through and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you.