“Embassy Suites-Southfield”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Very Nice Hotel. Very comfortable for the two weeks I was there. Love a FULL free breakfast. Would like another place to eat that was more like quick dining like appitizers and bar food, not just fine dining. But overall it was a great experience. Very clean and roomy. They need to get FSN for Tiger's baseball in the rooms. Other than those things, great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Our church had a three day Women's Retreat at Embassy Suites Hotel and it was wonderful. The hotel staff was very nice and helpful, accommodations were excellent, the food was sooo!!! good, I had time to rest & relax between sessions I enjoy my entire weekend. Most of all I love the breakfast and the managers hospitality. Embassy Suites is top on my list of hotels.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The room was very clean. The breakfast menu had a variety of choices and was delicious. The hotel location was quiet and conviently locationed near expressway and other attractions. The staff was very friendly and was always asking could they be an assisstant at all times. The pool was conviently located in the front of the hotel.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We liked the option of having the king room separate from the pull out couch area so our teenage son could have his own space. The mini fridge was useful for restaurant left overs and keeping water bottles cool. The microwave was helpful too.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Comfortable beds, friendly staff and wonderful extras. Love the full hot breakfast. Evening cheese, veggies and dips was nice but seemed a little sparse in choices. Still, it was an unexpected extra. Sofa bed not very comfortable for an adult, though, so don't count on it to stretch your room.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Good Day and thank you for receent review of your stay with us.

We thrive ourselves on customer service and absolutely use every review as a training tool to improve in every aspect.

Thank you for choosing the Embassy Suite Southfield and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 8 years or so, only staying 2 - 3 nights, the hot breakfast in the morning is very good. They work hard to please and to keep it clean. I also enjoy the afternoon, early evening reception. They REALLY need to replace the tables and chairs, they or WAY over due for a change. Keep the wide and comfortable. seats and make the tables a little wider. Very comfortable bed, but the sofa beds need replacing and please shampoo the rugs....please the rugs are in BAD shape. management was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your candid feedback during your recent stay with us. I'm happy to say the atrium chairs having been completely refurbished and look fabulous!!

We appreciate your choosing the Embassy Suites Southfield and look foward to your return.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was charged for two reservations here when I only made one reservation. When I checked in the lady at the front desk said there was some issue with my reservation (unbeknownst to me) but that I would only be charged for the one night that I stayed. A week later, here I am being charged for two rooms. I called to see if it could be resolved and got a very rude, Debbie Grim...who put me on hold forever then said she wasn't going to do anything about and tough luck. I hate bad customer service skills. Smh. So much for Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I truly apologize that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstanding. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. Please know that we are currently looking into this issue and will most definitely contact you to correct any mistakes that might have occurred.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again