“Comfortable place to have a short stay”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We have been staying at this hotel for the last 8 years or so, only staying 2 - 3 nights, the hot breakfast in the morning is very good. They work hard to please and to keep it clean. I also enjoy the afternoon, early evening reception. They REALLY need to replace the tables and chairs, they or WAY over due for a change. Keep the wide and comfortable. seats and make the tables a little wider. Very comfortable bed, but the sofa beds need replacing and please shampoo the rugs....please the rugs are in BAD shape. management was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for your candid feedback during your recent stay with us. I'm happy to say the atrium chairs having been completely refurbished and look fabulous!!

We appreciate your choosing the Embassy Suites Southfield and look foward to your return.

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was charged for two reservations here when I only made one reservation. When I checked in the lady at the front desk said there was some issue with my reservation (unbeknownst to me) but that I would only be charged for the one night that I stayed. A week later, here I am being charged for two rooms. I called to see if it could be resolved and got a very rude, Debbie Grim...who put me on hold forever then said she wasn't going to do anything about and tough luck. I hate bad customer service skills. Smh. So much for Embassy Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I truly apologize that there were some additional charges that you did not expect. I can assure you that we never want to intentionally mislead our guests in any way and I sincerely apologize if there was any misunderstanding. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel respected and that we can resolve their issues in an efficient matter. Please know that we are currently looking into this issue and will most definitely contact you to correct any mistakes that might have occurred.

Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again

Reviewed June 11, 2013

If you have business or pleasure in and around Southfield, Northwestern Highway, etc area of Detroit, the Embassy Suites off Northwestern Highway is an excellent choice. Clean, reasonable, great buffet breakfast, and friendly staff. Large suite with bedroom and sitting room/desk area. Nearby are good restaurants on Franklin Rd. and Northwestern Highway as well as up the road towards 14 mile where Northwestern intersects in the Farmington/Bloomfield area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Thank you for your great review. As we appreciate all feedback and use it as a training tool with our teams.

We look forward to you visiting the Embassy Suites Southfield again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed on a Saturday night with family. Positives were the manager's social hour, the breakfast buffet, and the nice room. However, the negative experience at the pool overshadowed the good. My 16-year-old grandson likes to swim and we chose this motel for the indoor pool. But when we went to the pool, it was like a war zone with young children screaming and throwing balls all over the room, and worst of all, they were playing with the handicapped chair which was quite dangerous. There were many unattended children (not allowed), and most of the parents that were there ignored the kaos and rude behavior. The hot tub was being used by parents as a wading pool for their toddlers, with at least a dozen small children playing in it. (way over the allowed limit). There was no way that a 16-year-old was going to go in that pool, so we waited until 10:00, when the children had to leave. We were the only ones there other than one father and his teenage son. Suddenly, the security guy showed up and rudely kicked my grandson and the other boy out of the pool. We protested, trying to tell him about the out-of-control situation with the young kids in the pool any why we felt that these well-behaved teenagers should be allowed to swim, but he wouldn't listen. So we had to leave, even though there were NO ADULTS even in the pool! If they are going to be hard-nosed about the "no kids under age 18" rule, then they also need to be hard-nosed about the other rules that were being broken during the day and evening. But the security guard was nowhere to be found all evening when the young, mostly unattended kids, were out of control. For this reason, we will never go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I understand that in some areas, we did not meet your expectations. I was extremely disappointed to read from your review that you had some issues at our hotel. I am so sorry if you found our property to be overcrowded. We usually have more than ample space to accommodate all our guests however I can empathize with your frustration and sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel and I am extremely happy to have stayed here. The services are excellent & the staff is very nice. The rooms are comfy and in room dining is good. The staff is very courteious. throughly enjoyed the breakfast & the Manager's happy hours

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

As we appreciate all feedback and responses, we are exceptionally pleased to hear the great ones. All reviews are taking seriously and utilized for training purposes.

Thank you for your kind words, we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Nice hotel with complimentary breakfast, close to major routes in to the city of Detroit. Lobby area has been recently updated. Business center, exercise area and pool are nice. Offers good parking and convenient to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit with us. As all feedback greatly appreciated.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Spent two days here on a recent business trip to the Detroit area. Very friendly front desk staff, clean room, plenty of parking, nice bar area and good breakfast included. Two room suite was clean and bed was comfortable. Very satisfied and I plan to stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for review of our property. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I'm always happy to hear from our guests as we use reviews, etc. for training examples with our team.

Thank you again, we look forward to your next visit.

Gail M.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southfield
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield
Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Livonia/Novi
Detroit Marriott Southfield
Detroit Marriott Southfield
#7 of 20 in Southfield

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!