“Very nice stay”

Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
Acworth, Georgia
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Like other embassy suites, the room doors all open to a center courtyard. Not typically my favorite setup as there can be a lot of noise at night, but our room was quiet and spacious. The staff were friendly and accomodating throughout our 4 night stay. A large fountain in the lobby helped create a calm and welcoming environment.
A full breakfast and evening snacks were a very nice treat at this hotel. We really appreciated having a complementary beer or wine in the evening.
Negatives were minor, but there was some unexplained damp carpet outside our bathroom on the first night and bedding was missing from pull-out sofa. My daughter can usually sleep anywhere (camping on the ground), but she complained that the sleeper mattress hurt her back. She ended up getting a better sleep with just the cushions on the floor.
Overall highly recommend and I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ih1dnk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business in March, 2013.

I tend to prefer the Hilton chain, and this was close to where I was working.

The rooms are spacious, clean and well appointed. The carpet was looking a little worn and stained in places, but I emphasize a "little", and the rest of the suite was in good condition.

All the staff I encountered were friendly and professional.

The made-to-order breakfast did not disappoint, and adds to the value of this property.

The complimentary Wifi worked well from my room and the speed through to our VPN was consistent.

Lots of free parking too.

Would definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Park Forest, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2013

First impressions are lasting and this by far has been the best hotel stay my family and I have experienced in this area and others. The breakfast choices and quality are phenomenal. The suite was beautiful and well maintained. The personnel was cordial, helpful and very attentive. The room service food had excellent presentation, quality, quantity and good temperature. I would gladly recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oak Park, Illinois
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Overall I like this hotel I generally have a great experience and I love their breakfast in the morning as it has a great selection and quality to be continental. However, when the hotel hosts a large group as it was this stay I was there they lack control. So if traveling check to see if they have a large group because they do not monitor the situation well and your experience may not be comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
ESMGMT, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Because travel is very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. With this in mind I can assure you that your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our property.

I am very sorry that while we hosted a large group you did not receive the attention that you are accustomed to. Our main concern is for all our guests to receive the special treatment they are accustomed to and I am so sorry that we were not able to deliver this for you. Your feedback in very important to us and I can assure you that I will be taking your comments to improve our hotel.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and I do hope that you will consider staying with us next time you are in town.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I love staying here. The rooms are large, the breakfast is great and I love the evening Manager's reception! The corner suite is the best. They have the best bacon cheeseburger. Everything i have ordered from room service has been the best quality.

Room Tip: Suggest not near an elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ferndale, Michigan, USA
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My stay was good until I had security coming to my room more time then they should. They said that we were making to much noise, which I didn't understand because there were kids running through the halls playing laser tag. I can say the Breakfast was AWESOME, and the pool area is always nice. My room was okay too cosidering the sofa bed was broke. Besides that I would probably go back. My past stays were great, I don't know what happen this time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I truly appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention and I assure you that I have spoken to our security team regarding your comments so that this does not happen again. I am sorry that your rest was interrupted by our security staff and I assure you that this issue with not happen again.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice clean Embassy Suites Hotel. Rooms are spacious with plenty of room and 2 desks, a couch, and a king or 2 queen beds plus a wet bar with refrig and coffee maker. Good pressure in the shower. Recommend it for business trips or personal trips where you want your kids in the other room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business