“Not to usual Embassy standard”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Traverse City, Michigan
“Not to usual Embassy standard”
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed here for two nights with my family in July. Second time here in one year. Both times have been uneventful but noticed obvious deficiencies second time around. Room 511 is need of new carpet and major cleaning. Moldy bathtub tiles, dirty and cracked floor tiles, worn out bath tub with rust rings. Felt like an old motel rather than an Embassy Suites. We prefer the Troy/Auburn Hills Embassy Suite much better and will no longer consider Southfield until they clean up. Also, the pool was murky, which again is not typical for this brand. On the plus side, staff was very helpful and courteous.

1 Thank kokodoc
ESstaff, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, July 28, 2011
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share comments about your stay at our Embassy Suites of Southfield. We have new and exciting things happening as we have a new team in place and have put a nice amount of money into the property recently. In addition, we are expecting new cooridor carpet very soon for the entire hotel. Our pool is very carefully monitored by our engineering team and we will continue to practice clean and safe policies in monitoring the pool area. I apologize that your stay experience was not up to expected standards and certainly understand that during higher occupancy levels the hotel can be very busy. We hope you will consider coming back and visiting with us, we want you to experience a fantastic stay.

Ida

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 21, 2011

I read some of the reviews before I came here and I almost didn't stay here. This place was wonderful. My room was very spacious and front desk staff were excellent. I really loved the very plush towels. I arrived very late around 1130pm so I had a room next to elevator. Was a minor setback. To the people who wrote very bad reviews, I think that some folks are never pleased. One thing I will say though, I think it's unprofessional for the guys who cooked the omelettes to be openly complaining about their schedules around the guests. Stay here if you can

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Awesome! Thank you for your review, it was shared with the team and celebrated. We enjoy hearing about a great guest experience and look forward to seeing you back soon.
Pleasant Ridge, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2011

After leaving a horrible experience at another hotel we were greeted with friendly and conciseness service. We were quickly given a room and were pleased immediately after seeing it. The room was spacious with a great design style as well as comfortable furniture. We headed down to the restaurant to enjoy the best shrimp cocktail and friendliest service. I was very pleased with the service, food, and atmosphere as well as the rest of the experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to share some great feedback about the Embassy Suites of Southfield. I am glad you enjoyed the extra space in the room. I enjoy that too when traveling. We look forward to having you back to visit soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We checked in for a family weekend around 3 am after a long drive. Walked in and going to the rooms the carpets were very stained. Entered our room, the carpet, furniture and the walls had stains on them. We complained and they moved us to another room. Same problem, so the manager who were very nice tried to be apologetic offered to clean the room later that day after we slept. The breakfast was pretty good and we left the entire day. Came back and the carpets were shampooed, although the furniture was still dirty. Overall, I wouldnt return, I understand old, but this was a dirty hotel. Avoid this one and stay at the hilton garden inn next door.

2 Thank legna68
Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Embassy Suites of Southfield. I apologize that you stay was not what you expected it to be. We celebrate when we hear about wonderful guest experience but also review all other comments to learn of ways we can improve. We are getting new coridor carpet throughout the hotel very soon. I am glad you enjoyed our fantastic breakfast and hope you will visit soon to give us another chance.
Ida

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites and had a great time (6/24th –6/27th). The lobby looked very trendy and upscale, really nice. There is also a restaurant on site. Check in was smooth the front desk was very professional. I would agree that the hallway carpeting had stains, but when we got to our room it was wonderful. My husband and I were traveling with 3 children ages 5, 8, and 14 there was ample space for everyone to move about. We appreciated the 2 closets in the room, the separate room with a door, and having a pull out sofa bed. The pool was a little small for all the guest; I did see a staff member monitoring the situation to ensure things didn’t get out of hand. There were lots of events at the hotel that weekend. The breakfast was great, but the lines were a little long. One side was for omelets and the other side breakfast items. Great breakfast; however, I don’t like to see people come down in their PJs and this goes for any hotel. There we a few young people coming down from their rooms in their PJs, very distasteful. Maybe this could be mentioned at check in to guest members about proper dress for breakfast. Also, there’s a managers reception every night in the lobby. I was able to do a load of laundry on the second floor before we left the hotel. Overall, my family enjoyed our stay at this Embassy Suites and look forward to our next visit to the Motor City.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
ESstaff, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share with us about your great visit at the Embassy Suites Detroit Southfield. You provided some great feedback and we read them as a team here at the hotel. I also enjoy extra closet space so I can understand how that was a plus for you and your family during your visit. I am happy to know your check in process was wonderful and overall that you were satisfied with your stay here. We hope to see you back real soon!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 2, 2011

We recently stayed here for a family event, and have stayed at other Embassy Suites around the country. This review is being based on similar class of hotel. The staff was courtesy and professional, and that was the only positive. The hotel needs a complete overhaul. The lobby had ants; the hallway carpeting, room carpeting and furniture had disgusting visible stains. The bed room walls were filthy and also had stains. The bed sheets felt like sand paper. The "included" breakfast was inedible. There was lack of staff attending to the massive lines, no utensils, and moldy food! A complete disappointment for a HIlton hotel! We would expect a pleasant experience from a HIlton chain.....needless to say, we will not be returning to this hotel!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank drummer724
Thank you for staying here at the Embassy Suites Detroit of Southfield. I am sorry to hear about your bad experience here. While we recognize the wait for breakfast can be a bit longer on the weekends due to the hotel occupancy, we do not server or display moldy food. We value your feedback and do pass along each comments to the team so we can all be a part of creating a great guest experience for every guest. We hope you will consider the Embassy Suites Detorit Southfield in the future.
Meridian, Idaho
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We have stayed at many Embassy Suite hotels over the years. This hotel is in neeloor d of a major overhall. The main areas were nice but after we stepped out of the elevator on our fthe carpet had large stains. The furniture in our room was not in great condition although the bed was comfortable. The stopper was missing from the bathtub but one was installed after I spoke with the front desk. We had two desks one in each room but no table for dining. To be fair the price was lower than many Embassy Suites and the internet was included in the cost of the room which is not the case in may Embassy Suites. The breakfast was good as usual. The food in the dining room was not very good.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback about our Embassy Suites Southfield hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast during your visit and apologize that other parts of your stay were not so enjoyable. We hope you will consider staying at our Embassy Suites in the future.