1.) I needed a handicapped room but they were all booked. I managed to take my shower without falling. 2.) Re: the Bathroom, the shower head could not be adjusted & made things very difficult every night! I reported it when I checked out. 3.) When I first arrived, there were hairs on the bathroom floor. I didn't report them, just threw them away. Housekeeping was much more thorough the next few days. 4.) Doors & walls were paper thin. Could hear even low conversations. And kids running through the hall & yelling to one another was very loud. There was also much noise from the room next to me. No voices. Just sounds like furniture being moved around & things being fixed, like pounding on the wall. Usually about 7 or 8 pm all 4 nights. Maybe there was some repairs or construction going on. Never asked. 5.) Even though I asked for help at the desk to connect my Smartphone to the WiFi, they never succeeded. Every time I came down to the computer room, it was full. My friend who brought her laptop had no problems. Will do the same next time. 6.) Refrigerator was barely cool. Asked for another one & it was pretty much the same. Tried to ask the maintenance man some questions, but he didn't speak English. 7.) Mattress lumpy & lower on one side. But my other 3 friends said they slept fantastic on comfortable mattresses. On a positive note.... The Staff were all delightful! Our driver, Mike C. was full of information & very helpful. The Greeter, Corey, welcomed us with a big smile & worked hard to make sure we knew where everything was & how to access things we needed. And it was nice to have someone who was not shy & seemed quite intelligent for his young age. We had several insightful conversations. Though I didn't use it, my friend said the Pool was great. They also took advantage of the Happy Hour & said their half-price pizza was delicious! Would have liked a few more options for our "free" breakfasts. Too many sweet things. Being a diabetic, I didn't partake of anything for the time I was there. But all in all, it was a pleasant stay. If you have some problems, they're happy to try & resolve them. I just didn't speak up on all the issues, as we were there for a convention & they had a hotel full of people who may have needed help more than I did. OH... And though it's not on their list of local restaurants, I wholeheartedly suggest a place called "The Ram's Horn" on 12 Mile Rd., about 5 min. from the hotel. Food was so good, we went 2 nights in a row! Friendly staff & great prices! Everything tastes homemade, with huge portions. Enjoy!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the NEW Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Southfield hotel in Southfield, Michigan our guests will find everything they need, including deluxe accommodations, friendly service and a relaxed atmosphere. The Hilton Garden Inn is located 12 miles from Downtown Detroit and 20.5 miles from Detroit Metro Airport (DTW). We are only minutes away from major businesses such as; Blue Cross Blue Shield, Accenture Corporation, BASF, Charter One Bank, IBM, Lear Corporation, Daimler Chrysler, Denso North America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Hotel Southfield
- Hilton Garden Inn Southfield
- Hilton Southfield
- Southfield Hilton Garden Inn