“One word to describe -AWESOME !!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Detroit-Southfield
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I had the pleasure of staying here in July 2013 and again in March 2014. Chef Cornelius, hostess Shawntae, Valerie and manager Kim take care of you 1st class. Recommend everyone take advantage of a home like, clean, friendly, professional and very welcoming place to stay.

Room Tip: You will appreciate your stay at the Hilton Garden in Southfield, MI.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good hotel overall but my bed mattress was extremely lumpy and uncomfortable. The mattress looked and felt like the whole Detroit Lions offensive line slept on it at the same time.I am surprised that this mattress was still on the bed. I reported the issue to the front desk and they took note of it. I don't know what happened from there. Hopefully you won't sleep in room 519.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Jeff H
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I am a very frequent traveler, logging in over 100 nights per year in hotels on business travel. I'm used to the notion that nothing is perfect. Room service will always be less than great, avoid hotel room glassware, etc. But I DO expect that the bed will be marginally comfortable. I stayed at this property for 4 nights on a recent business trip, and had one of the worse experiences I've had in years. Apparently the beds have air bladders in them, as the first night I slept in a gully in the middle of the bed and had a sleepless, uncomfortable night. I reported this to the front desk, thinking the bed was beyond its useful life, and asked for a new room assignment for the next evening. When I returned at the end of the second day, the front desk informed me that they opted to "repair" the bed rather than move me, pumping up the air bladders in the bed. The second night was a repeat of the first, and I called the front desk that next morning a bit miffed. The front desk was not empathetic, and told me that they did "try" to resolve the problem, but apparently maintenance didn't consider that perhaps the air bladders got that soft because there was a leak (!). SO, they did move me to a new room for the next two evenings. Room service was pretty bad, even for someone with my low expectations, and the HVAC systems in both rooms seemed to be having issues, and the refrigerator in the 2nd room hummed 24/7 and one window unit buzzed uncontrollably. $139 isn't a lot to pay per night, but when it comes at the expense of getting restful sleep and enduring overall conveniences and basic systems that aren't being maintained well, it's not a bargain. There are so many other quality hotels in the same price point in Southfield, that it makes little sense to endure this insult. I realize its a Hilton branded property, and I support the brand generally, but the brand police need to arrest this local property for impersonating a decent hotel. I recommend that you book elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff B
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The room and bathroom were sparkling clean, the staff was welcoming, the amenities like the mini fridge and microwave were much appreciated, they looked brand new -also clean- and a Keurig coffee maker? that's a first! This hotel was only minutes from our scheduled attractions, I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to my friends too :)

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Courteous staff. Easy access. Nice rooms. What else do you need? Oh by the way, very good breakfasts!!! Survey requires 200 characters minimum! So here it comes...blah...blah...blah. Stay here, you will not be dissappointed.

1  Thank Peter M
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Fast Service Friendly Staff Good Food Nice, Clean Lobby & Amenities Everything you want/need when traveling for business in this hotel. I've stayed here several times and am impressed by the staff and their service every time.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I stayed here on a recent trip for some business meetings. This was my first time at this hotel. The stay was exactly what I did expect from the Hilton chain. The service was very good and the hotel was as I expected it to be. First rate accommodations to be sure. There were a few places fairly close to eat if you didn't want to eat at the hotel. The restaurant and bar in the hotel were my first choice. The food was great and the bar a pleasant place to while away a few hours after work. All in all, this was a great place to stay for my purposes. It was nicely appointed and clean and with excellent service and good value. Winning combination to me. I would go back and also recommend this place to others if you need to be in this area for a night or two.