“Nice property, quiet stay.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel is very nice, pretty lobby and nice dining area. my room was spacious, clean, and though I had a minor issue, it was addressed very kindly by the manager. The hotel was quiet even though I was on the first floor near parking. Lots of TV channels and roomy nook for the micro and fridge so I could heat up dinner without having to set everything on the dresser. I will stay again. very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank April R

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We stayed at the Quality Inn for one week during the Christmas holiday, the hotel was quiet, & clean. the staff were very nice. This is a hotel that finally got a clue as to what the guest really want! There were no maids slamming and banging doors at 7& 8 in the morning, none of that loud talking and the beds were awesome. It was truly a vacation. they how ever could use some cosmetic work. Betty in Minnesota

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank aureliasears s
Reviewed October 20, 2013

What a pleasant surprise when walking into this hotel.
Our room was a decent size, clean and quiet (on the third floor).
Flat screen, comfy chair with ottoman, king size bed with crisp linens, microwave, fridge, coffee machine, hair dryer and a shower with good water pressure! Breakfast was adequate.

Negatives:
Poor security on first floor. We entered through the side door after an evening out and the door was propped open with a rock. Front desk and/or other personnel should be checking on these breaches.

Elevator seemed a bit sketchy.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 2nd or 3rd floor
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TeriNick
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Back to this hotel from October 11 to the 13th and found that they are investing in upgrades. We were given a room on the third floor and found a shiny new flat-screen, all new bedding and reworked furnishings.

Service at this hotel has always been good in our experience and it's very convenient for us, close to our children, grandchildren and shopping.

We;ll be back there in December.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dave S
Reviewed September 25, 2013

quality inn southfield had a great desk clerk and even switched our room away from the ice machine and was very courteous the rooms were clean the breakfast was goo it was all i expected and more i will stay here again when in the area

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank steelwallace
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed at this motel with my husband and my mother for two nights, Sept. 3 and 4, 2013. It would have been acceptable except for two things:

(1) We found a bed bug in our room.
(2) The general manager refused to file an incident report so I could have a formal record of the bed bug occurence.

Finding the bug was disturbing. Refusing to file an incident report was appalling, probably illegal. In lieu of an incident report, I asked the manager to sign a note on my receipt, stating that we had found a bed bug in the room. He also refused to do that. Had the general manager filed the report, or signed the statement, I would not have posted this negative review. Given his refusal to put this event on-the-record, I'm forced to publicly report this event in as many places as possible, and to notify Quality Inns/Choice Hotels of this ugly situation.

The manager declared that an incident report is only for "bodily injury." He's either dissembling, or he's uninformed and inadequately trained concerning use of incident reports. They're intended to be for ANY incident that could cause physical, financial, or psychological harm to their client. Occurrence of bed bugs in a hotel room presents a risk for all three types of harm, and it's impossible to know until a later time, whether there'll be physical or financial damage. I've already had psychological damage/trauma, from not knowing whether I've carried these awful bugs out of the hotel with me to my car and residences.

The bug we found was indisputably a bed bug. The staff confirmed that's what it was. We have a photo of it, and it exactly matches photos of bed bugs shown online.

Since we found only one bug, the manager confidently stated that he's sure that was the only one. Again, he's dissembling or uninformed, as there's virtually never "just one" bed bug. Since the staff told us that all bedding and linens in the room would be bagged and washed in very hot water, and the room would be fumigated daily for seven days, obviously the manager knows there's little likelihood of "just one" bug.

The manager assurred me that there's little chance of carrying them out, because he states that they don't go into suitcases, just in "warm places," such as lamps and TVs. Again, he's appallingly ignorant, or simply lying. Only when they're feeding do bed bugs go to warm places, such as human bodies. The rest of the time, they hide in any convenient location, especially suitcases, and that's common knowledge. The bed bugs in that hotel most likely came into the hotel in a suitcase, so clearly they can be carried out of the hotel in a suitcase.

There's another online review reporting bed bugs at this hotel in July, 2013, so obviously the management knows there's an ongoing problem, not a "one-time," "one-bug" event. If only I'd checked the reviews before staying at this hotel. I'll never go there again.

Room Tip: Do NOT stay in Room 301. That's where we found the bed bug. Given their presence, I'd reco...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've stayed @this motel and enjoyed the entire stay.I plan to be in mich. this coming week and plan to stay there again, some people will TRY to find fault in anywhere to TRY to get an adjustment on price. I think/know the staff was very pleasing,the the mgr./owner was very nice. If someone complains of this place they should travel with a tent and have all the amenities that will please them. Thank You for the Great Service you've given my wife an I thru-out the years we've been coming home DERTOIT! Melvin Humphries Lynchburg Va.

Room Tip: Safe and located too every location you want or place you want to visit
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business