“Dirty, no appliances, and need remodeling”
Review of Springwood Suites

Springwood Suites
Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Southfield
“Dirty, no appliances, and need remodeling”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

How do you not clean what looked like blood on the walls of the first room we stayed in??? Cigarette tobacco in bathroom sink wasn't cleaned either so was the room ever cleaned???Full kitchen but no appliances or dinet set to use.

One lamp and it looked like there was suppose to be two lamps. There was only one garbage can and it was in the bathroom.

The television was on when arrived to room and the remote to the television was missing???

There was only a bar of soap in bathroom in the first room.

There was no covers on the bed or in the first room and it was winter in Michigan.

Both rooms drainage system in the shower/tub was horrible...the tub filed half way up and took 30 minutes to drain.

Internet didn't stay connected.

The couch was broken and could visibly see the broken frame of couch, plus it had burnt holes in it.

Transferred to a second room and it was cleaner but still no appliances or dining set to use. It had two lamps, remote to television, but still only a teach can in the bathroom.

I have them my rewards number for first room but they didn't transfer my rewards number to second room so I could get my reward points, therefore, I had to add my rewards points later.

I had ate the mash potatoes and pepper steak in lobby before I new how UNkept the hotel truly was. But the food was the only thing that was decent at hotel.

The hotel needs renovations and to have each room stocked with supplies.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Ajay D, General Manager at Springwood Suites, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We have corrected the issues you had outlined in your feedback. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Regards, Ajay Dutt, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Columbus
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My experience with the Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham has been the best. The staff was very friendly and very understanding to there guest needs and they go above to make you feel like you are at home when you are a way from home. I would like to give Ms Valarie Reid and Ms Conswella 10 stars and thanks so much for making my family feel welcome at the Hawthorn Suite.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to offer feedback on your stay. I am happy we exceeded your expectations. One of the most rewarding aspects of my job is hearing great feedback from valued guests like you. Thank you again, and we look forward to being of service to you for all of your future stays in the area. Regards ,Ajay Dutt, GM
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This hotel is a dump and you should run! Dirty toilets, no pots and pans, furniture heavily stained, carpets dirty and frayed. Broken ceramic tiles with jagged edges, dog poop on the steps, shredded curtains. Broken subfloors. Not even a disposable cup. Nasty from the door. No hangers, no blankets and Nothing works as it should. Valerie is a joke of a manager, Consuela is rude and stupid. Talk to Ajay if you have to complain I was told, but if you really want my advice stay away. Never in all my 52 yrs!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ajay D, General Manager at Springwood Suites, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
detroit
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in Feb rooms were not cleaned at all I came back to view a room had out of town guest I couldn't accommodate the housekeeping supervisor ask me to give them another chance after I told her about my experience and I did . The room was much cleaner than before but management should be ashamed for allowing this place to run with dilapidated furniture old tv's no coffee pot no iron but a ironing board rude front desk clerks. I rented a penthouse for one day just to see if I wanted to come back I needed 10 rooms supervisor made sure we had everything we needed but we couldn't get past the relic that is this room I had to spend my money eleswhere. You should too.

• Stayed May 2014