Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Southfield
detroit
“To bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in Feb rooms were not cleaned at all I came back to view a room had out of town guest I couldn't accommodate the housekeeping supervisor ask me to give them another chance after I told her about my experience and I did . The room was much cleaner than before but management should be ashamed for allowing this place to run with dilapidated furniture old tv's no coffee pot no iron but a ironing board rude front desk clerks. I rented a penthouse for one day just to see if I wanted to come back I needed 10 rooms supervisor made sure we had everything we needed but we couldn't get past the relic that is this room I had to spend my money eleswhere. You should too.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank mrsd722
Ajay D, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay. We have corrected the issues you had outlined in your feedback. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Regards, Ajay Dutt, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

This hotel is by far the absolute worse hotel I have ever stayed in. Not only did numerous things within the "penthouse" not work (i.e. lamps, ceiling fan, AIR CONDITIONING UNIT), the staff were repulsive and disrespectful. No one greets you when you walk into the lobby, and they show no hospitality or care for their customers. I watched as staff would not assist a handicapped man unload his luggage after he asked for help. Lastly, the "penthouse" was described as being of luxury quality and comfort. It felt more like a motel, and I could not wait until check-out.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel to stay at!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Miss_AMG_7992

Travelers are raving about these Southfield hotels

Owosso, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

A little disappointed- but you do get what you pay for – cost $133.00. We needed to find a room that accepted 6 people - my husband and traveled with our young daughters and one of their friends. This was the only place near the ballpark that was available.

Good points: 1. All of their Staff was courteous and polite. 2. Easy On/Off expressway access. 3. Rooms were as clean as I would expect for the aging abused rooms. 4. Large spacious Suites with kitchenette and 2 bathrooms. A cute room lay-out.

Poor Points: 1. The rooms are VERY USED and ABUSED. 2. Rooms lacked enough bedding for the pull-out bed (ran out of blankets even though we requested them at arrival). 3. Staff didn’t follow through on their promise to delivery bedding before they ran out. The girls slept with extra sheet as a substitute for blankets 4. Restaurant choices were a little farther away than we expected. 5. They didn’t have Hotel book/guides in the room showing their amenities or local restaurants, etc. 6. No screens on the windows. 7. No Coffee maker or cups . (The coffee packets were there, as if someone took them out to the room.) I told them at check out – they apologized. 8. The larger bedroom suite didn’t have a TV. (one in the room with the sofa pull-out and one at the upstairs bedroom). 9. VERY Large scorch mark on the wall near stove.

It is too bad management doesn't remodel, as their Suites/rooms could be very nice and is perfect for larger families traveling together, but the rooms appeared to have been abused by irresponsible party people. Too Bad. I won’t stay there again.

Room Tip: I think this is a PARTY hotel - even though the noise level during our stay was average. They req...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Linmae
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southfield
Comfort Suites Southfield
Quality Inn
#9 of 19 in Southfield
3.0 of 5 stars 52 reviews
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dearborn/Detroit MI

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Detroit Southfield? Share your experiences!