“Horrible”
Review of SpringWood Suites

SpringWood Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Southfield
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This hotel should be shut down and I know is violating some code. I payed for a pent house suite which is up and down stairs. NONE Of the phones in the whole room were working. The smoke detectors we all hanging with no batteries in them. The remotes were broken and taped up with tape. The sheets were torn. The king bed which is down stairs had TWO LITTLE pillows on them! The full bed which were told is a queen but is a full had three little decretive size pillows on them. When you sit on the couch it went straight in. Also some of the light bulbs in the room were out. The bath tub up stairs looked like it hasn't been cleaned out in months.. The kitchen floor wasn't swept or moped... And the counter wasn't clean. And the hotel manager Q had the nerve to not want to give my deposit.. Worst stay EVER and I will be reporting this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us feedback regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We regret that we did not meet your expectations during your stay..We have corrected the issues you had outlined in your feedback. We hope to be of service to you in the future. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. Sincerely, Ajay Dutt GM

There are newer reviews for SpringWood Suites

Reviewed January 23, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently stayed at the property after finding a great deal on Priceline.com, I reserved a Two Separate Bedroom Suite (but received a loft said it was the same) and a Studio. I live in the area and had family in town for a wedding, I could not accommodate all the relatives at my home and the property was near and had the most room. Upon check-in, I was given a hotel (eviction) policy form that must be signed indicating that there to be: no more than 6 guest in a Two Bedroom style apartment room after 10:30 pm (4 for a studio), no driving over the posted speed limits, no loud music among several other college dorm type of rules. I did not want to sign the ultra strict policy but the property was unwilling to provide a refund because the rooms were purchased and reserved on Priceline. Also, my relatives were arriving at 7 pm and it was not feasible to secure another location. I checked in on 1/18/13 and proceeded to rooms 522 and 521. When I opened the door of 522 it smelled like rotten food so I checked the garbage disposal and the trash can. Also, it smelled like smoke and other things were not up to par such as badly worn couch cushions, a sock was on the ceiling fan, missing parts of the shower head, fluid spill mark on the counter and just plain old out dated broken furniture. The old crt tv's both had very poor grainy reception. The studio rm 521 was not much better. I could see wood coming from the back of the sofa sleeper, so I decided to move it against the wall on to find a burn spot on the floor of an iron. Only bright spot is that it had a flat screen tv, picture was still an issue. Since I received to good rates (109 and 55),I decided to make to most the of rooms that were located next door to each other on the upper level. I quickly returned to my home which was three minutes away and returned armed with a bottle of Fabreeze(After The Rain), Clorox Spray Cleaner (Lemon Scent), cleaning clothes, and a vacuum. I sprayed Clorox cleaner in the garbage disposals to get rid of the smell,on the counters, and table to clean up the old spills and removed the dust. I also got a high chair to retrive the sock from the ceiling which did not work. I sprayed Fabreeze throughout the rooms and disinfected the bathrooms with the Clorox Spray and vacuumed. The rooms were now clean and habitable. My relatives return to the hotel at about 9pm after a wedding rehersal, a total nine people. Another relative had reserved and checked in to another room on the property all the guest were 30 to 20 years old. It some point after the all the relatives were in rm 522 (after the eviction policy time of 10:30 ) along with about 2 others which is total about 14 individuals in a two bedroom apartment suite. At about 11:15 pm, I was contacted by a relative and informed that they were evicted due to many people in the room and their had been a compliant of loud music. I immediately went to the to the room and may sure the occupants returned to their rooms and the two guest exited. I stayed until about 1 a.m. and checked with the front desk to ensure that things were fine. The front desk informed that management instructed them to evict the occupants and they do not give warnings due to the eviction policy. The room was closed out at 11:30 pm, I spoke with the two undercover security with police styled badges around their neck and was instructed to removed the guest from 522 and it was nothing they could do. I relocated some the guest to 521 and the others returned to my home. Also, I was informed by the front desk staff that my deposit was forfited due to being evicted. The property refused to return my deposited. The moral of the story is if you don't want to be treated like a college doom resident and you want decent accommodates you don't want to book this hotel despite to low cost -YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I will be forwarding information to district and corporate management to make improvements and revise their policy.

Dear Guest,

Thank you your feedback. Hotel has resonable policies in place to ensure quiet and comfortable stay for every guest. All guests are advised about the policies at the time of check-in. Hotel has an obligation to investigate every compalint that comes from another guest about noise and other activities. It is unfortunate that sometimes we have to ask the guest to leave but it is only done in extreme cases.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Hey...when we checked in, there was a guest at the front desk complaining about his room. He seemed quite angry, before he left, and before I went to sign in, I asked him what the problem was? He said the couch was broken and it was very dirty. He asked for another room. Since we were here for a very sick relative who was being removed from life support the next day, and it was about 1:30 in the morning-we were going straight to the hospital after checking in-we didn't have much choice. I asked the clerck if this was a rare occurance, and she said NO it happens often. The room she gave us was awfull. the fridge had HOT air coming out of it!! It could have been used as a heater! there are no dishes, no iron, no ironing board, there was no spool for the toilet paper, and the couch was broken;when you sat on it it went aii the way to the floor! The bed was made as if the covers were just thrown on, also there were no hangers in the closet. The next day we were moved to another room, it was better, but not much. It's supposed be to an extened stay, but there are no dishes or silverware....but there is a dishwasher. Ain't that a kick in the head? We had to have our room keys revalidated twice. We came here for serious family emergency and had to put up with an even more unpleasant situation with our room. DON'T ever book this place, you would probably do better at a shelter!!!

Room Tip: Don't go by the pictures or the travelsites ratings. Always check trip adviser first, I have le...

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed there for six days. My room cleaned one day. I spoke to director of housekeeping and he was a joke. I had three different rooms all were gross. I would not recommend a single woman to stay there at all. It is quite ghetto.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank KennyCain
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Ajay D, General Manager at SpringWood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013